PDA

View Full Version : I'm Frightened.

AuntieMoosie
12-09-13, 21:22
Why am I sitting here, near to tears and feeling really scared? :weep:

I haven't felt right since yesterday morning.

I feel really muddled, can't think straight, can't concentrate properly, even typing is taking double the time it usually takes me because of silly spelling mistakes and just going brain dead at times.

I went to be really early last night as I thought I was just maybe over tired, but I have a fitful night, broken short spells of sleep right the way through.

I thought I felt a little better this morning, but as the day went on, it's just got worse.

I'm not highly anxious or panicky, I just don't feel right.........feels like I'm somewhat not really here??

Just don't understand though why I feel frightened ?

Daisy Sue
12-09-13, 21:46
Is this derealization, do you think? Never having had it myself, I don't know how it feels, but I've read a few threads recently on it.

Has there been any trigger in the past few days that you can remember, which might have altered your anxiety levels? Or maybe you're coming down with something, like flu or an infection.

Not sure what to advise to be honest... have you got someone at home with you to give you a bit of reassurance?

Tessar
12-09-13, 21:49
Oh moosie, I am really sorry to hear you are feeling like this. I am sending you calming strokes and warm, caring hugs. I know for sure that when you are over tired, things can manifest themselves as they are with you at the moment. Feeling out if sorts and tired, well the mind can play all sorts of tricks. That includes feeling frightened. All the things you describe.... They can be part if tiredness. I think you need to take steps to relax and look after yourself.
It's getting late now so why not take yourself to bed. Do you read ever? Or perhaps listen to nice calming, relaxing music? I'm thinking of ways you can relax and calm yourself before sleep? What do you think auntie?

Annie0904
12-09-13, 21:56
I agree with Tessar, You have had a bad few days and it will have exhausted you. Maybe a nice relaxing bath and early to bed with some relaxing music? :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

bernie1977
12-09-13, 21:59
So sorry to hear you're feeling so bad Auntie Moosie. I think you may be over tired and need a good rest.

Wishing you well :winks::hugs:

Darbysa
12-09-13, 22:34
Hoping you feel better soon. You give such good reassuring advice to everyone here, I wish I could give some in return.
Sal x

Elen
12-09-13, 23:19
So sorry to hear that you are experiencing a blip.

I find it helps me to remind myself that it is a blip and it will pass.

Hope you are on the up soon.

Elen

AuntieMoosie
12-09-13, 23:23
Thank you so much Daisy Sue, Tessar, Annie and Darbysa :)

I have my neighbour sitting here with me now. Luckily he understands too so that really helps.

I think that you're right though, I think I may be a bit burned out and over tired.

I shall try and get some good sleep tonight and I shall listen to my music which will hopefully send me off.

Many thanks for your kind, comforting and helpful words, they mean so much to me :)

Sending you all hugs :hugs: :bighug1: :hugs: :bighug1: :hugs: :bighug1: :hugs:

---------- Post added at 23:23 ---------- Previous post was at 23:20 ----------

Elen I think we must have both been posting at the same time.

Thank you for your reply hun. I'm sure that it will pass, just think I've probably done a wee bit too much lately, need to learn to balance my time better.

Once again thank you hun :hugs: :bighug1: :hugs:

xvolatileheart
12-09-13, 23:31
So sorry you're feeling this way, Moosie. I know EXACTLY the feeling you're describing - it's been hitting me so hard the past few weeks. My anxiety and panic seem to have lessened and I want to be pleased with myself, but then this emptiness fills me - I feel not all there, I feel burntout and low, nothing makes me happy, I can't understand why I feel so low and distant and disconnected from everything.

The way I tell it to myself, it's just part of the healing process. Just like there is a grieving process, there is a healing process for those of us dealing with long-term anxiety/panic/stress. It's like the next "phase" of recovery and I try to be gentle with myself.

Take a bubble bath with a cup of decaf tea, watch a movie, do some light reading, listen to something calming, and get some rest. Be good to yourself. :hugs:

kittikat
12-09-13, 23:46
Big hugs AuntieMoosie :bighug1:

I hope you feel better really soon :flowers: :hugs: thinking of you, Kitti xx

Speranza
12-09-13, 23:50
BIG hugs Darling! Hang in there, there's another Edna in the pipeline. xxx

P.S. I've been feeling like this too and I am also really tired - it definitely doesn't help does it!

AuntieMoosie
13-09-13, 18:03
Aww thank you all so much for your kindness and lovely, soothing words :)

I'm plodding along, just going to take it easy for a few days to see if I can recharge my batteries :winks:

Speranza oh how I really need a dose of Edna...........I love her already :D

Once again, many thanks to you all and hugs back at ya :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Magic
13-09-13, 18:36
AuntieMoosie,
So sorry you are not feeling to good. Hope you will be much improved tomorrow
Take care :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

AuntieMoosie
13-09-13, 19:54
Thank you Magic :)

I'm planning on doing some knitting tomorrow so that should help I think.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs::hugs:

Annie0904
13-09-13, 19:58
What are you knitting Auntie Moosie?

Tessar
13-09-13, 20:49
Perhaps we should run a sweepstake on what moosie is knitting.....
My money is on a tea cosy....

bernie1977
13-09-13, 20:51
Hope you get lots of rest and feel better soon Auntie Moosie :hugs:

Are you feeling better Annie? I hope so xx

Annie0904
13-09-13, 21:11
Perhaps we should run a sweepstake on what moosie is knitting.....
My money is on a tea cosy....

My money is on a blanket

---------- Post added at 21:11 ---------- Previous post was at 21:09 ----------

Hope you get lots of rest and feel better soon Auntie Moosie :hugs:

Are you feeling better Annie? I hope so xx

I had some bad news tonight so have been a bit upset but tomorrows another day.

bernie1977
13-09-13, 21:19
I'm sorry to hear that Annie, always here if you need to chat :bighug1: hope you feel brighter tommorow xx

clio51
13-09-13, 21:40
Hi moosie,

Hope things are settling for you, it's horrible when we're out of sorts and the frightening feeling start.
Rest rest and rest.
Take care xx

Speranza
13-09-13, 22:46
I think Moosie is knitting a blanket to cover Alex's face on a Saturday night, a bit like putting a budgie to bed...

AuntieMoosie
14-09-13, 13:29
lol @ you lot!!!! :roflmao:

Though I'm dubious about saying this............I feel a little better today :)

I had another good quality sleep last night and I think that has helped me heaps :)

I am about to start my knitting..............and, so far, you're all wrong with your guesses :winks:

I'm not going to tell you what it is until it's done....................hahaha..........wicked aren't I :winks: :hugs:

Tessar
14-09-13, 14:40
that's good mooooosssiiieeeeee i'm glad you are feline a bit better. amazing what a good sleep can do for you eh? :yesyes::yesyes::yesyes:
hmmmn, all wrong? must keep guessing. OK, maybe it is booties for a cat? plus one for the tail of course.

Annie0904
14-09-13, 15:17
an 'udder' warmer? :D

Kim51
14-09-13, 17:24
Glad you feel better aunt Moosie :bighug1::bighug1:

Tessar
14-09-13, 19:31
an 'udder' warmer? :D
what an udderly grand idea.

venusbluejeans
14-09-13, 20:43
Sorry Moosie Moo, just catching up on threads properly since I have come home.

Just thought I would send you GINORMOUS HUGS

http://www.all-creatures.org/anan/cows-hug.gif

Lots of love from Emmz xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ps, can I add one of these to your knitting list please? :yesyes:

http://www.agantraders.com/image/cache/data/HAT%20MITTEN/Animal%20Hat/cow-500x500.jpg

Annie0904
14-09-13, 20:47
That hat is brilliant :D

Elen
14-09-13, 20:50
glad to hear that you are feeling better

Kim51
14-09-13, 20:58
Maybe Moosie could knit us all an individual hat!! :roflmao:

AuntieMoosie
19-09-13, 04:31
Well even though I'm right peed off because I can't sleep........I'm so glad that I popped in here................you've all given me a good laugh :roflmao:

Annie an udder warmer!!!.................you know I'm gonna have to search the internet for a pattern now don't ya??!!!! :winks: :roflmao:......Tessar yes I agree it's a full udderly good idea :winks: :roflmao:

Mooooooooos to you Emmz :D Thank you so much for the GINORMOUS HUGS
They were super and just what a mad moooosie needed :D

Love the hat!!!.......it looks machine knitted though and I only do hand knitting, but after Christmas, I'll have a look and see what I can find hun :D Up to my neck in all sorts of projects right now, but watch this space later :D

To all of you lovely, kind and supportive peeps on here, thank you so much for all of your kind words, hugs and warm messages, I'm so fortunate and happy to be with you all :D

I've not been on a lot the last few days as I'm still having the odd problem here and there, mainly with my memory and my inability to concentrate very well, hopefully these things will correct themselves soon :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Tessar
01-10-13, 21:22
How b the knitting?

AuntieMoosie
02-10-13, 12:06
Thank you for asking Tessar hun :)

My little project is coming on just fine hun, I'm still busy in my laboratory, got all sorts of things brewing up in here!! :yesyes:

Tessar
02-10-13, 15:33
oh dear I read that as "lavatory" :blush::scared15::blush::scared15::blush::scared15 ::blush::scared15::blush::scared15:

AuntieMoosie
02-10-13, 19:39
oh dear I read that as "lavatory" :blush::scared15::blush::scared15::blush::scared15 ::blush::scared15::blush::scared15:

:ohmy: :ohmy: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Annie0904
02-10-13, 19:49
Oh I am still left wondering what you are knitting :)

AuntieMoosie
02-10-13, 20:12
All will be revealed in good time..........me dearies.......that's all that I'm saying :winks:

Tessar
02-10-13, 22:13
Hey don't reveal too much we might blush (haa haa) :blush:

AuntieMoosie
03-10-13, 19:29
Blush?!!!

Believe me, if I revealed too much you'd all have more than anxiety and panic to contend with!!!! :ohmy: :winks: :roflmao:

Annie0904
03-10-13, 19:36
Blush?!!!

Believe me, if I revealed too much you'd all have more than anxiety and panic to contend with!!!! :ohmy: :winks: :roflmao:
:roflmao: