PDA

View Full Version : Hello there!

zinctrumpeter
24-10-06, 21:05
Hi everyone, just found this site, my names Rob and i come from Norwich, i'm 43 and have suffered from anxiety attacks in certain social situations since the age of about ten. I had a "breakdown" about eight years ago, which was the best thing that could of happened because it forced me to tell my family and friends about my problems. Since that time I have improved tremendously and can fly (in a plane obviously:D) and eat out with people, which are both things I had assumed I would never be able to do. There are are still a few things that give me problems, and I often worry that I could go back to how I was. But so far so good!

keepemlaughing
24-10-06, 21:13
Hi Rob, and welcome. I am a newcomer myself. Congrats on getting a handle on things. It always helps when you have a supportive family. My family has been so supportive of my depression/bi-polar disorder. I assume someday someone will just yell, "GET OVER IT!!!"
This site seems to be a Godsend. Good luck to you.
Sheryl

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Hi everyone, just found this site, my names Rob and i come from Norwich, i'm 43 and have suffered from anxiety attacks in certain social situations since the age of about ten. I had a "breakdown" about eight years ago, which was the best thing that could of happened because it forced me to tell my family and friends about my problems. Since that time I have improved tremendously and can fly (in a plane obviously:D) and eat out with people, which are both things I had assumed I would never be able to do. There are are still a few things that give me problems, and I often worry that I could go back to how I was. But so far so good!

<div align="right">Originally posted by zinctrumpeter - 24 October 2006 : 13:05:52</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

Sheryl

domino
24-10-06, 21:22
Hi rob welcome to you,do,nt worry about a thing your in good hands here. well done for atcheivements so far, looking forward to getting to know you. lorraine:D

Nat1
24-10-06, 21:39
Another newby here also, welcome!

nomorepanic
24-10-06, 21:39
Hi Rob

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help to you and you will meet some lovely people on here.

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel

Nicola

trac67
24-10-06, 22:53
Hi Rob,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

yorkylover
24-10-06, 22:58
Hi Rob and welcome.well done on your achievments,you must be really pleased.:D:DIt does help to have the support of your family.You will get some helpfull advise here.;)

Ellen XX

surreylady
25-10-06, 00:07
Hi Rob and welcome

Good to hear you are on your way to recovery :D. Tis is a great site full of great people, hope it helps you as much as it helps me

Mandy xxx

positive attitude brings positive results

manmoor
25-10-06, 08:08
Hi Rob,

A big warm welcome to you.

Take Care

Mandyxx

honeybee3939
25-10-06, 18:59
Hi Rob,

A BIG warm welcome to you ! Lovely to hear you are doing so well!:D

Well done for what you have achieved, sounds like you have made great progress.

Love

Andrea
xxxx