PDA

View Full Version : Incresed dose of Venlafaxine

Buj
13-09-13, 19:12
Ive just had my Venlafaxine dosage doubled from 3 x 37.5 daily to 3 x 75mg daily....ive been anxious and jittery ever since plus almost constant heart palps - not hard just a flutter....anyone else been through this ????

nicola1980
13-09-13, 21:23
Hi i take 187.5mg of venlafaxine and it sounds just like normal side effects you would expect when increasing your dose, things should settle down and level out soon x x

spawn
15-09-13, 09:45
Like Nic said does sound like normal, your anxiety will increase.
You should settle tho in time, that's quite a big jump up also?

Buj
15-09-13, 15:28
I know, seemed quite a jump for me too....its been just awful for a week, sweating and now quite nasty palpitations. Trying to stick it out in the hope it will eventually ease my daily anxiety. What sort of life is this !

Damion123
18-09-13, 22:12
I was on 187mg venlafaxine then it was increased to 225mg then last time i see psychiatrist she increased it by another 37mg then after two weeks 75mg.so im now on 337mg.After the side effects settle down do you think i will see an improvement in the anxiety i get.

shadowstriker
19-09-13, 02:00
I'm having the same problem are you getting restless as well? I was on 37.5 twice a day then my consultant has increased it to 75 morining and 37.5 at night been having increased anxiety for 2 weeks he changed the 75 mg to a modified release to see if that would make it easyer but still feel really bad cant function properly I think it does ease off after 2-3 weeks maybe a month it's your body adjusting to the medication but you can ask your dr for something like diazepam to help with the side effects until it settles I think I will ask my dr for some .

Damion123
19-09-13, 13:11
im restless in bed with night sweats i just want the anxiety to get better

strat61
21-09-13, 15:22
Hi all. I have increased my dose from 112mg of ven, which worked for the first few weeks to 150mg a day. I have been on this for a month but this week I have had the return of anxiety, headache ,fuzzy head & generally feeling not well. Does anyone think this could be due to the increase (ie too much) any info would be great.

Cheers for now

kittikat
21-09-13, 16:18
Hi all. I have increased my dose from 112mg of ven, which worked for the first few weeks to 150mg a day. I have been on this for a month but this week I have had the return of anxiety, headache ,fuzzy head & generally feeling not well. Does anyone think this could be due to the increase (ie too much) any info would be great.

Cheers for now

I currently take 112.5mg Ven a day after starting off on 37.5mg but was supposed to gradually increase to 150mg a day.

I never upped my dose because after the initial ups and downs I settled well on 112.5mg.

I am sure that often we mistake the SE's for the drug not 'doing it's thing' I found that holding on past the 8 week mark things tend to settle down. My GP was happy for me to take the increase at my own pace, I wasn't told you must increase to 150mg.

Either hang in there if you can and wait until the SE's subside or have a chat with your GP if you think 150mg is too high a dose for you.

All the best, Kitti :)

Damion123
21-09-13, 19:01
On day 4 of my increase from 262 to 337mg i was on 225 then went to 262 for two weeks then to 337mg.Im feeling very depressed in the morning and anxous sometimes i have to take a phenegran pill to calm down.I take the AD at night,will this big increase calm my anxiety down once my body has adjusted to it.

nicola1980
21-09-13, 19:33
Damion that's a very high dose of venlafaxine, has a psychiatrist prescribed you that amount? I didn't think you were allowed to go above 300mg? X x

Damion123
21-09-13, 20:13
Yeah a psychiatrist did prescribe that amount she said she would just bring the dose right up to see if it helps.Before the increase i was feeling very anxous just would like to know if it will help reduce the anxiety.Im a bit worried when i went from 262 to 337 and i had only just increased it by 37 ive been on 262 for just over two weeks.

shadowstriker
23-09-13, 14:08
I'm on week 3 of the increased dose still feeling anxious on it I thought it was better a few days ago getting fed up nearly every antidepressant I have been on I get this side effect even if I stay on them for 8weeks it doesn't settle the consultant I see said I have a depression that is treatment resistant :(