PDA

View Full Version : Even my thoughts don't feel like mine

Dbsworrier
13-09-13, 22:47
Yeah even my thoughts don't feel like they belong to me. Is this still depersonalisation? Or am I officially now mad? I can't work out whether the world is real and don't know how I'm even functioning. Help. :(

Dbsworrier
15-09-13, 00:13
Bump.

nomorepanic
15-09-13, 00:37
There is a good bit on here about it all:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/symptoms/

xvolatileheart
15-09-13, 12:05
It is still depersonalisation! I know you're struggling so badly with this, but you are NOT mad. You would not be here asking if you were truly mad.

Rubicon
16-09-13, 23:50
You're certainly not mad. It's just that when you've got such intense depersonalization/derealization it does honestly feel like you're 'mad' but we have to remind ourselves that if we really were losing it we would be out there behaving erratically, etc, not worrying about it.

Do you take steps to reduce your general day to day anxiety? Because i think i read somewhere that depersonalization is the brain's way of protecting us from traumatic times. But don't take my word for it.. i cannot remember where i saw that. It could be that this started off a by-product of something else but now this is the main cause for anxiety.

Anyway, it feels crap even when mild for short periods but sometimes we focus so much on it that we think about it more and then focus on it and then it becomes even more prominent.. see the cycle emerging?

Hope you get some relief soon.