PDA

View Full Version : lymphoma finally getting over this

Alliwantistobenormal
14-09-13, 09:13
Hi all,

I wanted to share my story with you all in the hope it will give you some comfort.

For the past 4-5 years I have had what I thought were swollen lymph nodes one on the right under my jaw bone close to my ear and another on the back of the neck just behind amd slightly below my ear on the left side and been far to scared to see a doctor about them.. About 6 months ago a large (much bigger than the other two) and rock hard lump appeared just below my previous one on the back of the neck. Well that was it this slow growing lymphoma I thought I had had spread. I spent everyday feeling touching googling trying to find what else it could be. It was depressed and terrified to go to the docs. After weeks of depression I decided I couldn't go on like this and if it was cancer I need help. I eventually got the courage and booked the ultra sound appointment. I even left it until after my holiday with my bf as I felt like it was going to be our last and I wanted us to both enjoy it and make amazing memories. Anyway monday comes the day of the ultrasound im crying on the way. Lying on the bed the pillow saturated by my tears the nurse comforts me and said not to worry 9/10 lumps are nothing to worry about. Half way through I say can you see anything and she tells me nope nothing to worry about at all. Can you believe that NOTHING!!! 4 years of wasted worrying for nothing. She said the larger lump was actually a node inside a gland which can happen when your a baby and present itself as a large lump later in life. They other two "swollen" nodes are nodes but sonsmall they don't class as swollen. In short she said there was sign of tumors or malignancies. Was she wrong...... maybe but I think its highly unlikely and we need to trust our doctors opinions I could not go on the way I was going.

I cannot describe how amazing I now feel. I feel like a huge dark cloud has been lifted off me and I can now look forward to the rest of my life.

xxx

panicperson
14-09-13, 09:40
That's great I'm really happy for you, panic over hey!

I can't get past the GP to get ultrasound. They said "not to worry."

saab
14-09-13, 21:45
Great news.