PDA

View Full Version : I'm better!

Piano
14-09-13, 15:36
Dear all,

A little update from me. I posted a lot last year after a nervous breakdown and going on prozac. Now I'm off prozac and back at work. I even got a promotion! A year ago I was certain that my life was over.

A lot of things helped me:
EMDR-therapy. I still go to EMDR, and it's great!
CBT. Wonderful technique, and cheap since you just need a few sessions and then you do the work yourself. Suggested authors: David Burns and Albert Ellis.
The website and apps from Pauline Books and media. I was brought up non-christian, and finding this catholic website helped me a lot spiritually.
Yoga. I took a short class, and now I practice every day about 10 minutes. It calms me down.
Grapefruit juice. It contains inositol.
Jogging. I jog to work. It calms me down, there are no side effects, and it's free!
Claire Weekes' books. So comforting and clarifying.
This website (NMP) also helped a lot. Thanks, you guys!!!

Sending you all hugs and kisses!

Annie0904
14-09-13, 16:48
Really pleased to read this...well done :yesyes:

Piano
14-09-13, 18:35
Thank you:)

To all you suffering right now, things will get better :)

sending you all hope:)

Janine
14-09-13, 20:41
Hi Piano

So glad you are doing so well, this time last year we were both suffering and trying to help each other. Finding your original post and reading how you were feeling was one of the things that gave me hope.

I am good too, I am still on my medication and am going to stay on it for the time being as I do feel that if I came off it I would be back where I was and I cannot go through those side effects again but I am normal again really busy at work and enjoying life again.

xxx