PDA

View Full Version : Don't know what to do

mummyanxious
14-09-13, 16:50
I am almost certain I am riddled with cancer. I've been poorly now for a couple of weeks. It started with a cough which wouldn't shift and I had to have antibiotics. Since finishing my course of tablets I am not feeling very well in myself at all. While the cough has all but gone I am just so tired. Beyond weary. Could fall asleep at any point and dragging myself around. All of my glands feel like they're swollen to me, even the ones at my collarbone seem more prominent. My legs and arms ache deeply. I have a pain in my right shin, can't with our if its a muscle or the bone. And I keep getting a headache every day. I am certain this is the end and cannot stop thinking about my small children and their faces and how much I don't want to die. But I can't see how anyone can feel so exhausted and not be gravely ill.

Darbysa
14-09-13, 17:34
Don't forget you've had a nasty infection. If I remember right you've had pleurisy - this is not something that disappears overnight. The antibiotics will have fought the infection but your body will take some time to recover. It's hard to get proper rest when you've got children to look after. Is there someone who can help you out? You need to take care of yourself too.
Sal x

Annie0904
14-09-13, 17:36
Sal is right, any bad infections take a while to recover from and leave you feeling weak for some time after. Try to get as much rest as you can and drink plenty of fluids. :hugs:

mummyanxious
14-09-13, 18:13
I don't understand how I got it in the first place though. None of my family suffered complications from the cough so it all points to a dysfunctional immune system, ie cancer
I could actually just sleep all day. My eyes are so heavy and tired. My neck aches. Agghhh I feel so rough. Kids have been out all day as well. Though I have been going around shopping and cleaning etc.

Annie0904
14-09-13, 18:31
It is usually the same with me, my husband is hardly affected by infections he gets but they really drag me down and take ages to recover.These things do affect some people more than others and constantly worrying about it will only wear you out more. Give yourself time to get well. :hugs:

mummyanxious
14-09-13, 18:33
It's awful though isn't it, I don't have time to be unwell with the kids to take to school, cleaning and working etc. another early night for me. I'm barely keeping awake atm.

Annie0904
14-09-13, 18:52
That is probably why you are so run down and taking longer to recover because you are a busy mum, try to rest as much as possible, housework can wait :)

Munchlet
14-09-13, 19:10
I'm sorry you are feeling so low, I'm sure it is just your body recovering from the infection.

Sometimes there is no rhyme or reason why we get infections and others don't but having young children certainly doesn't help, I get far more now than I did before I had my son.

The other thing is we are constantly anxious and there's no two ways about it that affects our immune system.

Just do what your body is telling you, rest as much as possible, drink lots of fluids and try and eat lots of fruit and veggies. It might pay for you to get some multivitamins or a tonic just to give you a boost.

I always find Echinacea helps to give me a boost when I'm feeling low and run down.

I know it's really hard but Pleurisy is nasty, a friend of mine had it and he was knocked off his feet for weeks, you need to be patient and give your body time to heal.

Take care.

mummyanxious
15-09-13, 08:15
Thanks for your replies.
Well I was so tired last night I went to bed at nine. Trouble us I was awake at six! Lying there worrying about why I woke up again this morning feeling like a steamroller crushed my arms and legs. Aching in my lower back is a new one. And I keep waking up feeling thirsty :( like my mouth and throat is bone dry.

Daisy Sue
15-09-13, 11:48
I know doctors don't believe in tonics any more, but I've found they really can help after an infection like this, to give you a boost and get you feeling stronger. If you felt like trying one, there's Effico which you can get at most supermarkets, or if you have a good health shop nearby, they usually have other kinds too.

mummyanxious
15-09-13, 12:09
Sounds interesting, what does that have in it then? Might have a look x

---------- Post added at 12:09 ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 ----------

I think I'm going to get my vitamins out again, b complex etc. I was taking them but amid the scare about taking supplements when not needed I stopped taking them. I might get some echinacea as I've heard good things about this before.

Daisy Sue
15-09-13, 12:21
Here's a link to Effico... http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/diet-and-nutrition/medicines/effico-tonic.html

And I forgot to mention this one - Feroglobin - our Sainsbury's stocks it, also very good... http://www.vitabiotics.com/feroglobin/original-liq_main.aspx

Annie0904
15-09-13, 12:49
I agree with the tonics. I took Metatone tonic when I was ill.

mummyanxious
15-09-13, 14:24
Are they really that good? Like berocca is that classed as a tonic?

---------- Post added at 14:24 ---------- Previous post was at 14:12 ----------

Just looked up metatone and if had some great write ups, off to the supermarket to hunt some down tomorrow x