PDA

View Full Version : In a panic...

Em.ma
15-09-13, 16:19
I'm going to NYC in November but not have a passport yet. Mine runs out in march 2014 but its a child one and I'm 19 now.
Going up to london passport office to do it but keep having visions of being regetced and not getting it on time etc etc.
Also only leaves us for 5 weeks to get the esta visa and I'm terrified I won't get it on time .,.

xvolatileheart
15-09-13, 16:24
If you don't have a criminal records, they are not going to reject you. ESTA isn't a visa, it's just a form you fill out online and you get confirmation almost instantly if you're approved (i.e. if you're not in the database as a criminal/terrorist). There is nothing to worry about.

Em.ma
15-09-13, 16:27
Ok thanks.
Just can't wait to get it all sorted and go.
Just need to do our passports but have to wait till friend can do it.
Going up london and paying the extra as he had trouble with his so had to do it this way.

Just a bit scared we will go up their and not be able to get it on the day.

nomorepanic
15-09-13, 16:41
I just renewed Alex's and it was back within 2 weeks

Why do you have to go to London to get them done? The post office does a check and send service for less than £10

Em.ma
15-09-13, 16:57
Had issues with friends passport so thought we would go together and do it up their.
I just have visions of not getting it on time or something happening :(

jayjoe18
16-09-13, 14:24
I second that, the ESTA is just a small form that is confirmed almost instantly. Also, my mum just renewed her passport and I was suprised at how quick it came back, think it took just under two weeks. Of course you have to make sure your picture is done properly as that can delay it as you probably know! I went to New York in 2010 and it was absolutely amazing just as I knew it would be!