PDA

View Full Version : Random burning throat?

Orange Lightning
15-09-13, 20:49
I'm so, so confused about my supposed acid reflux. Last night I found my throat on fire after eating a bowl of weetabix and skimmed milk. Today I ate exactly the same and didn't experience any problems. The same goes for some other foods and drinks, most notably water which sometimes makes me feel horrible on its own. Sometimes the slightest change in my body's position - for example the way my neck is tilted or if I'm lying down or standing up - can cause or remove my problems.

Am I missing something here? How can the same foods and body movements be a trigger one minute and not the next? Is anxiety causing my problems after all?

bamnesia
16-09-13, 04:23
HI Orange_Lightning

I'm not sure but I've been research a bit about reflux and I've read about people out there who have had foods affect them one time but not another time and it is a mystery so I don't think it's uncommon. And I know that reflux can be worsened by anxiety, like if you think about it more it happens. It's weird because I was worrying about a certain disease and the next think you know I have a symptom of it and I didn't have any before that!

I hope you feel better soon.