PDA

View Full Version : It was not HA after all

Mezzanin
15-09-13, 21:57
I was diagnosed on Tuesday with lyme disease.
i started getting symptoms back in january (could not stay asleep, white tongue, burning feet, bowel problems, unexplained bruising, body aches, neck aches etc). symptoms were transient and some days i was ok...except for the sleeping. i saw many docs and i was diagnosed with anxiety.
it never rang true, but i was temporarily relieved by hearing from people here that my symptoms matched anxiety. i wanted to believe it. but in truth, i knew deep down i wasn't an anxious person. yes, i have worried about my health but if i have seen a doc i trust their opinion and move on. in fact before jan i hadn't seen a doc in years.
i believe HA is an irrational fear over health that is not abated when diagnosis/tests show up as negative. moreover, HA suffers often move from random symptom to random illness. of course HA is an illness in itself, probably cause by over excited GABA.
we have to be careful we don't always fob people off with the 'anxiety story' i reckon 99.9 percent of the time on here it true but there must be a minority that are truly ill and we have to be careful we don't fob them off and miss them the opportunity of diagnosis. most ha suffers will have a life long history of it. i didn't. i am 44 and have never had ha. i should have trusted myself better. if i had, id be on lyme meds now.
i dont want to be the bearer of bad news but none of us are docs and we need to apply caution that is all.
i posted here manically for months and i was told time after time it was anxiety. funny thing is, i wish it was. i now have to go back tuesday and get my daughter tested. she is 4 as i may have passed it to her when i was pregnant. the truth is now i know i am ill, i can cope but the thought of me wee girl having lyme terrifies me.
peace and health to all
mezz xx
ps sorry about the non capital letter use, my shift key is buggered

skippy66
15-09-13, 22:58
I'm sorry to hear about your diagnosis. You don't seem to fit the HA personality at all. Hope your daughter is ok. I don't know much about Lyme but from what I can gather fatalities are very very rare and the disease is very treatable.

Best wishes, Mike.

matrix123
16-09-13, 14:52
Thanx for sharing.

Just a question for you: Did you take HA meds? If yes did they work?

Mezzanin
16-09-13, 21:33
Thanks for your responses, matrix, skippy and raindrops.
no, i didn't take meds. i am not any any meds at all. i knew deep down it wasn't anxiety. besides, i didn't want to have to come off drugs at a later date.
i was offered everything though.