PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Anxiety!

jayjoe18
16-09-13, 13:24
I feel so silly but I'm hiding out right now in the bedroom. We have someone coming to look at the heating as it's broken but I'm home alone and feeling sooooo anxious, I feel sick. I have that dread, horrible pit of the stomach, want to escape, kind of feeling. I keep jumping up and peeking out the window whenever I hear a car or noise. I hope my mum comes back soon because I really can't answer the door to them but feel guilty to waste peoples time!

I'll be in loads of trouble if I don't answer but I'd take that than the anxiety of having to answer the door and have a workman in the house when I'm on my own, it's bad enough when they come when someone else is home with me!

Anxiety is such a pain, makes you do stupid things! I always feel like a big baby! I'm 20 and can't answer the door!

fruit-cake
16-09-13, 13:46
You're not a baby! It's quite normal to feel anxious about answering the door, especially if you have anxiety anyway! If anyone knocks at our door I run upstairs and hide on the landing and hubby answers it. If he's not in the door doesn't get answered, unless I know who it is and the visit is pre-arranged.

Take a deep breath and be brave. Make it clear you're busy in another room doing some work or on the phone if you want to avoid awkward conversation.

jayjoe18
16-09-13, 14:26
Yes I always do that! Sometimes I try and face it but most of the time it's run off upstairs until it's safe to come out again haha. I absolutely hate when people turn up unexpectedly too!

Mark13
16-09-13, 18:30
Age isn't a factor :)

I'm 47 and if I'm alone in the house the door only gets answered if I'm expecting a parcel brought by the postie.

Unplanned visitors get ignored.

Especially on Halloween, pesky kids :)

Seriously, my house is my fortress, answering the door feels like an intrusion by a stranger even if they don't come in.

Edd1e
17-09-13, 16:55
I also have this problem and I am 37!