PDA

View Full Version : End of the line

lise7
16-09-13, 13:58
Sorry to keep posting but I'm at the end of this I can't cope any more. I'm fearful of everything have constant disturbing thoughts and now I'm scared of getting depressed maybe I am already I don't know. It's the inbetween stress worry anxiety about situations that's taking over. Does anyone actually ever get over this or is it for life? I have everything to be happy about but look forward to nothing as everything seems to be a battle with my nerves. Have started the gym as my cbt therapist said exercise helps but I'm fearful of the flipping gym! So go off peak and its not working in bringing down panic yet. Nothing is working I don't know where to turn anymore I can see how people get agoraphobic. Please anyone x

LucyR
16-09-13, 14:16
Having had it for 30 years myself, I think its very likely to be for life.:shrug:

xvolatileheart
16-09-13, 15:49
I know the feeling so, so, so much. :hugs:I have a great life, yet nothing brings me happiness or joy, all I feel is fear, worry, sadness, emptiness. I spend all day battling my own brain.

I've been dealing with this for 1.5 years so I don't know if it gets better... but I still have a shred of hope that it's going to get better one day. I don't want to believe that I will suffer for the rest of my life.

lise7
16-09-13, 16:49
I can handle the panic attacks its the constant fear of losing control and going mad. I don't even know if that is anxiety sometimes think I am mad or why would I feel scared of losing control constantly. I've had for 6 months and literally came over night shame it can't go as quick.....I'm not on meds but probably need to be xx

Edie
16-09-13, 18:56
Exercise can help, but the gym is not the only place you can exercise. Could you swim, cycle, run or walk?

Medication can help to reduce symptoms, but therapy can teach you long-term coping mechanisms for coping. There is definitely a place for medication for many people, and it may lift your anxiety enough to try out the coping mechanisms you learn in therapy. So it's well worth discussing your options with your doctor.

I'm not convinced anxiety can be totally got rid of, but there is definitely scope to reduce symptoms and increase quality of life.

Be completely open with your therapist and doctor. They can't help if they don't know what is wrong. Things can get better. You really don't sound like you're going mad, but you do sound terribly anxious and depressed. You're clearly having an extremelt tough time right now, but the right treatment and support can make things better. I do hope this happens soon for you! xxx

Frobi19
16-09-13, 19:57
During every single panic attack I feel like I cant cope with it any more. Don't worry you are not alone.
I'm very much an optimist and believe that you can get over anything. I currently am awaiting CBT the waiting list in my area is very long and I cant afford private, I don't notice a panic attack until it's too late, I'd love to learn how to notice one coming on and being able to take myself away from any potential situation which might make it worse but I just don't know how to. Keep up with the CBT and keep yourself busy. I find being alone doesn't help me at all :(

xvolatileheart
16-09-13, 20:30
I can handle the panic attacks its the constant fear of losing control and going mad. I don't even know if that is anxiety sometimes think I am mad or why would I feel scared of losing control constantly. I've had for 6 months and literally came over night shame it can't go as quick.....I'm not on meds but probably need to be xx
I had a panic attack on the train home from work just now because the thought was so strong in my head that I've gone mad, then of course the panic made me feel entirely out of control of my mind and now I'm feeling so, so low. I know how ridiculous it sounds but the way this makes me feel is so unbearable.

lise7
16-09-13, 22:43
I had the same on the train, its not knowing whats coming next with me, i know i cant be mad ive been not mad for 33 years so how can i be mad now! agh this condition is so frustrating like my old self is still there but i just cant grab hold of her and feel normal again.

Sparkle1984
16-09-13, 23:17
Hi, if you think you may be depressed I recommend you go to the doctors and get help. With the right treatment you can recover, or at least be able to function better in day to day life. :)

ankietyjoe
17-09-13, 09:50
One major turning point for me was when I discovered, or rather accepted that anxiety is not an 'it'.

'It', is you.

The critical mass of anxiety becoming a major issue is when the anxiety becomes its own trigger.

You have to tell yourself that whatever you're feeling has been here before, and it always passes. Just accepting it made a big difference to me.

It's not easy. It's like trying to lose weight. You spend several years getting 'big' and then you see people looking for quick fixes. There aren't any. It takes hard work and dedication to rid yourself off the excess 'baggage'.

I think if you believe you'll have it for life, then you probably will.