PDA

View Full Version : TV programme I did about my phobia of public transport

nomorepanic
16-09-13, 15:59
Back in 1999 I filmed for a 12 minute TV programme called "Private Investigations" that was shown on BBC2.

It has never been on-line but I recently converted the VHS recording and have uploaded it to You Tube if you would like to see it.

Basically it is about my fear of public transport and all the things I did to try and overcome it.

There are some funny moments in it and it is filmed as though I was alone but in fact I had a camera-man and sometimes a producer with me.

Grab a cuppa and sit and have a watch if you fancy it.:yesyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mvQp9kCpgY

Annie0904
16-09-13, 16:21
Thank you for posting this Nicola, I enjoyed watching this and a BIG well done to you! You are right the only way we can deal with our fears is to go out there and face them.

Kim51
16-09-13, 16:58
Have just watched this as buses are one of my issues, thank you for posting it has been a help and well done
Kim:)

mikewales
16-09-13, 17:07
That's really cool, Alex looks about 12 lol

venusbluejeans
16-09-13, 17:21
That's really cool, Alex looks about 12 lol

He still looks about 12 Mike :roflmao:

nomorepanic
16-09-13, 17:24
Thank You Annie - glad you liked it. Yes they certainly threw me into things lol

Kim - thank you

Mike - Alex does look young doesn't he lol.

Emmz - he ages well lol

yvonne_uk_98
16-09-13, 21:08
thank you for sharing Nicola, I enjoyed watching it. Well Done, and that took strength and courage. :yesyes:

cazzy
16-09-13, 21:30
enjoyed watching thank you ,
i got my biggest hurdle in 97 days time by travelling to london for 3 hrs , last year i felt i was dying through the panic being on the bus with a coach of people i knew to go to a show , my fear is returning on the bus with the same crowd,and thinking am i going to be in the same state as last year , also my mind is already making up excuses on not to go .....

nomorepanic
16-09-13, 22:48
Thank You Yvonne & Cazzy

Sometimes we have to just do these things and push ourselves and it usually isn't as bad as we anticipated.

frosty2901
16-09-13, 22:56
wow you were very brave nic xxxx

Pipkin
16-09-13, 23:38
Really cool Nic - what a great film! Is it strange looking back at yourself all those years ago? There's no way I could have let myself be followed around by a cameraman like that - you did really well.

Love Alex's Rover btw!

P x

nomorepanic
17-09-13, 00:23
Thank You Frosty

Pip - the car wasn't actually Alex's. It was a mates and him and Alex were doing some work on it so it looks like Alex was working alone on it lol.

I can't believe it was 14 years ago!

mikewales
17-09-13, 07:23
It is strange to look back on film of ourselves from years ago, but also quite cool

t0rt01se36
17-09-13, 12:49
Well done Nicola.:):yesyes:

I watched all of the video.

Travelling by train makes my anxiety and panic really bad. I can only cope with 30 mins ish journies, by train.

I too find that panic and anxiety attacks last for around 30 minutes and I can relate to how you were feeling, when you suddenly felt brave enough to face the fear and start using public transport.

It definately helps, doesn't it, having someone there with you?

Magic
17-09-13, 14:29
That was such a good video. Thank you Nicola. You were so brave .:)