PDA

View Full Version : Please help - omeaga 3 and vit b complex

otis
25-10-06, 11:18
Hi all

Will be decreasing my dose on friday down to 8mg and feel freightened already by the prospect. I am getting bad anxuety constantly and having bad thoughts all the time which seem to focus themself on the most important thing in lmy life - my love for my husband. Which i know is stupid cos i am so in love, but just worry all the time about having doubts!

Any way - i have started taking omega 3 and vit b complex and have read so many differing posts on different forums about how much to take as one says it helps then another says it hinders!!!

Please can someone advise if what i am taking is ok :

Both from Holland and Barratt:

Complete B ( i take 2 per day as reccomended)
each tablet contains:

Thyamin (vit 1) 5mg
Ribofavin (vit b2) 7.5mg
Niacin 12.5mg
Pantothenic Acid 50mg
Vit B6 5mg
vit12 12.5mg
folic acid 200mg
biotin 50ug
choline bitartrate 125mg
inisitol 125mg
PABA 25mg

Question - is this enough to help anxiety cos it is not doing anything??

Omega 3
Super EPA

Fish oil - 1000mg
of which EPA 300mg
of which DHA 200mg

Question it says you can take up to 3 per day. I am only taking 1 in the morning and it has not had an effect. Should i increase and if so do i take more together or at different times during the day.

Sorry to go on but this really confuses me and i want the anxiety to go away!!!

xxx

giddy
25-10-06, 11:26
Hi
I think you need a stronger B vit complex. Its recommended you take 100mg daily. I used Holland and Barrett B100 vit B complex for 6 months and have just cut back to B50.
If you look at a post on fish oil by Chop (its on page 2) that will help you with that question.
Love Helen

hopeful
25-10-06, 11:29
Hey Helen, I was just going to post about the post on page 2 !!!
You beat me to it.
julie x

otis
25-10-06, 11:33
thanks ladies - why did you drop down to B50 after 6 months? is that what you are suppossed to do?

thanks

vernon
25-10-06, 12:04
Hi, I know lots of people dont like oily canned fish, but these are so cheap in most big shops and this is the natrual way to take your oil? I dont like pilchards sardines and tuna etc but I do eat it say spread on toast then grilled or even in a sandwhich toaster. you soon get to the taste and its a snack, cheeper than tablets and good for you on any dose. As for vit b I take one vit b complex strong tab a day I get these on prescription from my GP. Take care. Vernon

giddy
25-10-06, 19:06
Sorry Julie!:D
Otis - I've dropped down to 50mg because I'm feeling a lot better and my anxiety has pretty much gone. However I am still under a lot of stress at work so don't want to stop taking it altogether in case the anxiety comes back, I gues its my comfort blanket at the moment!!! B vits are water soluble so you can't take too much as the excess comes out in your urine! Try the 100mg and see how you get on - take them in the morning though as they can give you more energy and interupt your sleep.
Love Helen

Nel
18-12-06, 15:38
It's recommended that you use cod liver oil during the winter months, when we don't get very much sun exposure on our skin in order to make vitamin D.