PDA

View Full Version : If i am to hear heart sounds from an audio device...i feel off...

JCRyanDenton
16-09-13, 21:08
This is a more interesting and weird issue. While i am trying not to worry about my heart (despite hearing a third heart beat while i was using a steth while kneeling...i put it away and won't use it again and the beat didn't occur in any other position), i do often get bored and look up heart sounds on youtube. Even normal ones, but i feel a bit weird when i listen to them. Like im going to gain awareness of my heart all of a sudden...its mainly in the mind. But is this some common mental thing? Dunno if this even goes into Health Anxiety either.

saab
16-09-13, 22:40
Yes. I have anxiety over my heart because I have lots of pvcs. I hate hearing my heartbeat, even when it is regular. I don't even much like hearing heart beat sounds on tv shows or films, or even seeing people on monitors in films or even adverts that use images of a line from a heart monitor.

If I had a fear of other things, like being bitten by an animal, I would probably dislike images of that too. I don't use big headphones either because I can hear my heart beating in them. All just part of obsessing about our ailments, I'm afraid.