PDA

View Full Version : Is this a panic attack or what??

Dian
16-09-13, 22:18
I suffer with panic disorder and epilepsy, and the other day I had a horrible attack my own doctor doesn't know what it is!
My legs went as 'jelly' then the right side of my face went totally stiff and like paralysed and I was talking like a robot, my hands were bent like a cripples, it lasted for about 20 mins after which my legs went as 'jelly' again. The following day I felt very sick.
Can anyone please tell me if this is some sort of panic attack, I wasn't hyperventilating like I normally do with them, but I would like to know what it is .
Thanks very much
Dian

Anxious_gal
17-09-13, 04:46
If you were Hyperventilating that can cause your muscles to cramp up on you.

Do you ever get migraines? They can cause crazy symptoms and often without the headache. Mine mimics those mini strokes, I get confused,weak, I can get numbness anywhere but I've heard of people whose face would numb up so much they would drool.

Have you changed your medication or started any new ones?

You might be low in something like potassium which can affect your muscles, maybe even slightly dehydrated? What were you doing before it happened?

Dian
17-09-13, 12:33
My medication hasn't changed at all, it has still been the same for a number of years now.
At the time of it happening we were on holiday, just getting off a bus and the weather wasn't very hot. We were having a lovely time.
I always carry a couple of bottles of water with me so I wasn't dehydrated or anything like that.
As for being low in something I hadn't give that a thought.
I never suffer with migraines or headaches.

Thank you very much for your reply