PDA

View Full Version : sinusitis

greenlady
16-09-13, 22:28
Hi I have had sinus problems for about 4weeks. Blocked ears and sore eyes and pressure on my cheeks. Been on amoxicillin now on doxycycline. It is driving me crazy as I can't clear my left ear. Dr says it looks irritated. Anyone any advice ? Thanks
Gina

---------- Post added at 22:28 ---------- Previous post was at 22:23 ----------

Help pleae

Speranza
17-09-13, 07:45
No, except I've got something similar, been to-ing and fro-ing to doc's for weeks, and met fellow sufferers... :(

Oh - has anybody suggested a saline wash? I found it on the Internet (just the 'scoop water in your hands' type) and it was quite helpful. My doctor said it was a good idea btw. Let the water cool!! :ohmy:

cokesmyth5
17-09-13, 08:33
Something else to try is cutting dairy products out of your die - they are mucus forming. It has definitely helped me, I hate to admit, because I love cheese, chocolate, cream etc. I've been pleasantly surprised at the dairy free alternatives on the supermarket shelves. (good news is that you really have to have some choc like me, good quality dark choc is dairy free). The best alternative milk for tea, coffee, cereals etc is Koko (coconut milk plus added vits), in all supermarkets I 've tried.