PDA

View Full Version : Dentist anxiety

Liviguy
17-09-13, 10:59
Hi all, well, today is the day for my six monthly check up at the dentist, something I normally take in my stride.

However, for a year and a half now I have what feels like a lump on my mouth/tongue which I can feel all the time. Three doctors have looked in my mouth and the dentist never mentioned anything 6 months ago however I still can't help worrying about what it is (or isn't lol)

Today I am going to ask the dentist to have a good look for me (which I am terrified about already) I think it may be my tooth irritating my tongue, and with me constantly playing around with my tongue trying to feel the lump there probably is making it worse.

I keep telling myself that if it was something serious then I'm sure after a year things would have been happening, and the fact I had an endoscopy last August may have shown something, although the endoscopy was for my stomach not my mouth so anything sinister may have been missed.

I so wish I could stop worrying about everything.

suki300
17-09-13, 12:09
Don't know if you've been yet, but I think you're brave and well done. Many people avoid the dentists altogether - so well done.

If you have been, then your dentist has probably been able to put you at ease. I can feel lots of lumps and bumps in my mouth and often it can be very easy to aggrevate a bit you've caught with your tooth. My saliva gland on my cheek is a very regular victim.

I'm sure you'll come back realising it's not anything to worry about - those teeth do have a tendency to get in the way.

Liviguy
17-09-13, 12:18
Hi there, sat in the waiting room just now all sweaty and anxious lol.

suki300
17-09-13, 13:36
How did it go?

Liviguy
17-09-13, 14:20
Hi there, it was fine, dentist had a good look and saw nothing of concern. Phew. Thanks for asking

suki300
17-09-13, 14:22
Yay - well done - did you get a sticker?!

Liviguy
17-09-13, 15:30
No, wisdom teeth xray and a 20 quid bill lol