PDA

View Full Version : Fainting

Gillybean37
17-09-13, 16:27
I suffer from anxiety and I have fainted 4 times over the past month, does anyone know if this can be related to anxiety? I went to the doctor and she really didn't seem very interested in the fainting she was more interested in the anxiety. I fainted the other night whilst lying in bed trying to get to sleep, I didn't even know that was possible! Any advice??

DaisyPolly
17-09-13, 17:12
That's how my sister-in-law started with anxiety, she fainted about 3 times in a short space of time. My anxiety always starts with me feeling dizzy even before I know I feel anxious.

Think it's all part of it.

vicky23
17-09-13, 17:23
were you hyperventilating from a panic attack? that's the only time I thought you would faint from anxiety, I could be wrong of course.
I would get a check up from the Dr just to be safe though wont do you any harm to get checked out :)

gypcyg
17-09-13, 18:02
I suffered from fainting years ago and when I went the doctors he found out I had very low blood pressure and he said I should eat more salt on my food - this cured it and I haven't fainted since.

I should add that my blood pressure was artificially lowered because at the time I smoked cannabis and this is known to lower it.

Gillybean37
18-09-13, 03:04
thanks for ur replies, my blood pressure is fine, the doctor has checked that and I have also had an ecg to check my heart which was fine and I had blood work done and that was all fine too, so according to the doctor I am totally healthy lol x

DaisyPolly
18-09-13, 13:32
Believe your Doc!

I'm sure if there was anything wrong (bad enough to cause symptoms) something would show up on the tests you've had done. I know not everything shows up but at least one of the tests would be off.

Anxiety can cause all sorts of symptoms and I think feeling dizzy and/or fainting is quite common.

Good luck