PDA

View Full Version : Going to A&E

peter34uk
17-09-13, 17:43
hi all,

Had severe headache since saturday, been to docs twice, but today started throwing up.

So Doc told me to go to A&E.

My vision is fine, im not dizzy. Just the headache, esp on my forehead and throwing up.

Any adviice much appreciated.

illgetthere
17-09-13, 17:47
Say calm probably a migraine or sinus infection x

bernie1977
17-09-13, 17:53
Good luck and I hope you get better soon. :)

KeeKee
17-09-13, 17:54
I agree probably a migraine, my partner vomits from them.
Best to get checked though then you can rest easily.

katesa
17-09-13, 18:31
Can you call 111 from your phone? I did this Friday and they assessed me on the phone and sent an ambulance when they decided that I needed it.

I only ask because the people at A & E treated me a lot less sharply being sent in by 111 by ambulance than they have in the past when I've just walked in. They will also help figure out if you need to go (and spend hours sat waiting in a lot of noise and bright lights possibly making you worse) or whether it would be better for you to stay at home x

AuntieMoosie
19-09-13, 04:10
Can you call 111 from your phone? I did this Friday and they assessed me on the phone and sent an ambulance when they decided that I needed it.

I only ask because the people at A & E treated me a lot less sharply being sent in by 111 by ambulance than they have in the past when I've just walked in. They will also help figure out if you need to go (and spend hours sat waiting in a lot of noise and bright lights possibly making you worse) or whether it would be better for you to stay at home x

I had to ring the 111 service a couple of weeks ago and I think it's brilliant. I got to speak with a paramedic on the phone and he was most helpful and everything that he said to do worked wonders :D

peter34uk
19-09-13, 13:17
Hi guys,

Im back. Well here's the story.

Got to A&E and checked in. Looked over by the nurse who took some bloods almost straight away.

Referred to the docs in A&E. A consultant looked at me, did a physical exam and said i would need a CT scan and a lumber puncture.

So I was in for the night. CT scan was done within half hour and had results within another half hour. Results clear but they still wanted to do the lumber puncture because CT scan only 95% accurate.

So about 2am, another doctor came to do the lumber puncture and it was damn painful. Anyways she kept hitting bone and i told her to stop. They sent me the general anesthetics who did their own local anesthetics and I didn't feel a thing!

After that i was given a load of pain killers and some diazepam and the next hour i seemed to relax and the headache became less intense.

Spoke to the consultant the next day who felt I had a bad virus and all tests were clear.

KeeKee
19-09-13, 13:23
Glad your ok :-)
Must have been an awful night for you.

AuntieMoosie
19-09-13, 14:05
It's good to know that it wasn't anything serious. I know you're still stuck feeling pretty rough but it will pass as your body gets rid of the virus.

Viruses can really reap havoc in our bodies and have the ability to make us feel really rough and unwell.

Let your body recover slowly, try and eat a really healthy diet, plenty of fruit and veg as the vitamins in them are really good for our immune system and make sure you get plenty of rest and sleep as that is our bodies best way of recovering.

I really hope you feel much better soon :hugs:

Daisy Sue
19-09-13, 14:52
Wow, you must have been so worried! Glad all the results came back clear, and that you're home & recovering.

Damn viruses! My daughter had to undergo a lumbar puncture when she was very little as they suspected meningitis.. really high temp, headache, bright light aversion, and one weeny little purple spot.... thank goodness it wasn't, but like you they diagnosed a bad virus.

Get well soon :)

Darren1
19-09-13, 23:24
thank god for that, I was really worried about you! thanks for the update!