PDA

View Full Version : Ovulation Pain?

jayjoe18
17-09-13, 19:42
I'm getting a little worried. Since Sunday night (around 11-12pm) I started getting a pain in my right side and I'm still getting pains now Tuesday evening. It's a familiar pain, sort of sharp pains, it started in my right lower side but I also felt it on and off in the centre of my stomach and now I've also got sharp pains in my left hip, it feels like I have shooting pains in the actual bone.

I have had similar pains in the past but nothing that's lasted this long and I don't get it every month. I'm wondering if it could be ovulation pains? But I know the egg is only released from one side each month? So why would I be having pain in both sides? Is this normal?

I have had a scan in December which was all clear of cysts?

Sorry if it's TMI but it's a week today that I came off, so I believe this is the right time for ovulation? I'm not really clued up on this sort of stuff!

I'm getting really worried though as it's being going on nearly 2 days now.

I have a phobia of appendicitis which is obviously making me stress, but I don't have any vomiting or nausea, only a slightly sickly feeling from having this pain for 2 days.

I also have been to the doctors in the past with pains (which is why they sent me for a scan) and also complaining of a pressure sort of feeling in my right side just to the side/below my bellybutton. This has come and gone for years now, I don't really know when, I've gotten used to it and just try to ignore. The Dr. said it was nothing but maybe that could be to do with ovulation or something?

Can anyone help?

meche
17-09-13, 20:45
I get exactly the same during ovulation but not every month. It's mainly on one side but I get cramps on both sides like I would just before my period. It's perfectly normal. Some women know when they ovulate & others don't. Everyone is different. You can ovulate from 10-14 days after your last period but it really depends on how long your cycle is. I'm pretty clued up on this because I've only got one Fallopian tube & everything about ovulation was explained to me at the time it was removed. Did your doctor mention anything about endometriosis? xx

jayjoe18
17-09-13, 21:02
I get exactly the same during ovulation but not every month. It's mainly on one side but I get cramps on both sides like I would just before my period. It's perfectly normal. Some women know when they ovulate & others don't. Everyone is different. You can ovulate from 10-14 days after your last period but it really depends on how long your cycle is. I'm pretty clued up on this because I've only got one Fallopian tube & everything about ovulation was explained to me at the time it was removed. Did your doctor mention anything about endometriosis? xx

Thank you so much for your response meche, I'm sooo worried!
I've never really thought about ovulation, but I do frequently have some pains, I just put them down to bowels though but it might possibly be ovulation without me realising. Is it normal to have pains for 2 days? Also, it's not the same pain as period cramps but I guess it might be different for every woman? No she never mentioned about endometriosis but I've heard about that before, would they pick up on that from an ovarian scan or not do you think? xx

meche
17-09-13, 21:28
Possibly but not always. It isn't always an easy thing to detect. I have a mild form of it but it was only picked up when I had keyhole surgery. This isn't related to my ovulation pain though. I can be in discomfort for a couple of days. If you're really worried then I would keep a log of the days you're getting the pain just to see if there is a pattern. You can also get ovulation kits to test when you are ovulating. It might give you peace of mind. Failing that I would go back to your doctor and tell them you're still having the pain despite having a clear scan. xx

jayjoe18
17-09-13, 21:41
Thank you meche, that has reassured me. I'm going to write it all down and keep track from now on as I do always get really worried with these sorts of pains! I'll do some research on endometriosis too, I hope it's nothing too serious xx

meche
17-09-13, 21:50
Read up about it (not scary or life threatening) & just see if anything feels familiar. Only a doctor can diagnose you so don't jump to conclusions or feel panicked. Let me know how you get on honey. Big hug. xx