PDA

View Full Version : Scared I have thyroid cancer!

ady1779
18-09-13, 05:29
I have completely convinced myself I have thyroid cancer! I had some dental work done and my jaw was a little achy so I was feeling that area. For some reason I felt lower along my trachea and felt what seemed like a hard ridge a little above my Adam's apple. I felt the other side and it didn't seem as pronounced! I swear it looks bigger on the left side too! Of course I looked up thyroid location and up came a video for diagnosing thyroid cancer. They say that your gland lies below your Adam's apple, this seems higher a little but I can't tell!! They said to feel for bumps, lumps, etc... Well I swear I feel all that!
For months I've felt like something is sliding down the left side of my throat, like
I'm swallowing something, thought this was sinus drainage since it comes and goes! Now I feel like it's related since all the prodding as brought about this feeling now! :ohmy:

I've completely worked myself up, it's midnight here and I want to run to the dr. now! I know I won't be able to see him tomorrow! Ugh! Why do I feel for things like this! Of course my trachea is sore now from all the prodding!

aggiecuttler
18-09-13, 10:34
hello i too believe in god, he will be there guiding you through this difficult path, you should never feel alone as you are not its so comforting to know our lord is with us..
Right I have to admit i really do not know a great deal about thyroid cancer although my grandmother had it. I think she found it hard to speak, and was in pain. so you symptoms dont sound to drastic to me, but as you are so worried i would go and see your dr to be reassured i hope you sort out your worries take care and blessings

Tex
22-09-13, 04:52
Not an expert, but I know doctors know what they're feeling for when they check the thyroid. It's not subtle. Good for you to get it checked. Let us know when the doctor tells you it's fine. We'll be glad to celebrate with you.

TiredGamer
22-09-13, 05:20
Are you sure this isn't your hyoid bone? It's above your adam's apple.

ady1779
23-09-13, 04:08
Went to the doctor and yes, tiredgamer it is my hyoid bone! He said it is slightly asymmetrical so that is why I noticed it on one side and not the other as much! Sometimes I feel really stupid for going, but in the end I would rather be safe! Thanks so much y'all for your replies! They help so much!