PDA

View Full Version : Frightened of putting positive thoughts to the test after Docs rang!!

JustJules
18-09-13, 10:59
Well, just when I have been trying to put my positive thinking and mindfulness teaching into practice, I've now just had a phone call from the Dr's receptionist to tell me the Dr wants a 'non-urgent' telephone consultation tomorrow to discuss my latest blood test results that I had on Friday for Thyroid and Diabetes (totally sure that it won't be diabetes as haven't got any symptoms for that).

Had full blood tests about 3 months ago after a UTI as they were okay.

I am now trying not to panic that they have found something and will want me in for further tests (just had ultrasounds of abdomen, ovaries, kidneys, bladder - all clear).

I really want to put a positive spin on this and tell myself that if it was anything serious they would have wanted to see me but I'm frightened that this will be the one time that I will try and be positive for a change and it will backfire.

A friend once had the surgery call her and say that her bloods showed anemia and they suspected bowel cancer and she had to go for all sorts of tests.

Hate this HA! Feel like making myself an urgent appointment later today and to see what's going on as I don't think I can wait until tomorrow but I need to try and put things into perspective don't you think?

lisad1977
18-09-13, 11:39
HI. if it was serious they would make u got to surgery and see them it could be that u have overactive or underactive thyroid mate. try not to worry I had three lots of blood done a few days bk and waitin for results cuz they thnk I cud have something called temple artitis it can make u go blind have stroke or heart attack. it very scary waiting for out come. hope all goes well for u.

roxy90
18-09-13, 20:50
Oh hunny they certaintly wouldn't tell you it was a non urgent consultation if they'd found something serious
And I'm sure if it was serious they wouldn't do a telephone consultation and they'd see you straight away,.without doubt.

Waiting for bloods is.awful I know, but I think them saying a non urgent telephone appointment is their way of saying don't worry its not serious. Good luck xx

Breezy
18-09-13, 21:12
I totally empathise, it's natural to worry and nearly everybody does. I know that I don't do well with uncertainty and need to know now! Take some deep breaths and keep telling yourself whatever it is, it will be ok and you will cope with it. Probably will end up being something very simple.

panicperson
18-09-13, 21:59
I remember having this, and it turned out that a label had come off my blood test pot, and they needed to redo the test.

xvolatileheart
18-09-13, 22:26
I've had this happen before too and I was a wreck! Turns out, they can't give leave results on a voicemail so I had to call back for them to tell me my results were negative. Phew. I'm sure it's nothing serious if they said it's non-urgent!

emlica
19-09-13, 10:30
Hiya, I was really stressed about having to have a doctor call me about blood test results because there was something not entirely normal and it turned out that I just had low iron levels, which is fairly common in women. I think the receptionist can only give out results if it's literally just 'yes everything is completely normal'.