PDA

View Full Version : Paroxetine and sexual issues

Lesza
18-09-13, 15:58
Hello,

I am a 32 old female. I am on Paraxatine for 3 weeks now. I the last two weeks I had to take 20 mg per day. I feel better and I have no sides effect beside that my sexual drive and ability to reach orgasm are disappeared. Is it very common?
Can I do anything with it or it will pass by itself? Shall I ask an other medicine?

I had no problem with this before. I always was easy to please and I also had an healthy need. I dont want it to cause any problem in our life with my husband.

Thank you

shadowstriker
02-10-13, 20:17
Hello,

I am a 32 old female. I am on Paraxatine for 3 weeks now. I the last two weeks I had to take 20 mg per day. I feel better and I have no sides effect beside that my sexual drive and ability to reach orgasm are disappeared. Is it very common?
Can I do anything with it or it will pass by itself? Shall I ask an other medicine?

I had no problem with this before. I always was easy to please and I also had an healthy need. I dont want it to cause any problem in our life with my husband.

Thank you

Hi lesza I'm a guy but sexual side effects are the most common side effect of that group or antidepressant (ssri) and also snri I'm on venlafaxine and have the same problem I think they can add something called buspirone wich will counter act that problem but most drs won't bother doing anything about it I can't take buspirone because my dr is adding mirtazapine to the venlafaxine I take