PDA

View Full Version : pleae advice needed urgently

tracy butler
18-09-13, 18:05
hi my name is tracy I am new to this site I have gad really bad and I am so afraid last night I went out in the early hours walking around I know it was dangerous but I could not stop my self I have really bad panick all the time 24/7 do any of you get it this bad and how do you cope I seem to be the only one afraid of it I fell asleep this afternoon and woke in a major panick had to take a valium to calm down I am afaid I am the only one who gets it this bad I fell I am going insane I have no one to talk to about this my perents don't really understand please can you help with some advice please. really afraid. thanks

jillyb
18-09-13, 18:43
Hi there .... GAD can be like that. Mine is off the scale at the moment, so I know how you feel. All the adrenaline pumping around causes lots of horrid sensations. It would be better not to walk the streets in the night! When I am bad at night I get up, make a cuppa (decaf, got enough buzzing without the caffeine) and play mindless games on my ipad until I calm down a bit. I've also downloaded some relaxation things onto my iPod ... The Mentalhealth Foundation has some good podcasts, and there are loads of free Apps for relaxation. I really want to take a Valium but I had a bad panic attack last time I took one as I have a thing about meds too! There's loads of tips on this site to help you, plus loads of us who really understand these problems. Take care x

xvolatileheart
18-09-13, 19:05
You certainly aren't the only one who gets it this bad. Going for a walk is a good way to get out some energy, but walking the streets at night alone is not a good idea. You could do a little workout inside, watch a movie, take a bath, listen to music, play a game, etc. I've had nights where I stayed on the chat here until 7am because I was so filled with panic.

Have you spoken to a doctor about getting help?