PDA

View Full Version : Struggling to stop focusing on heart, symptoms keep showing though

JCRyanDenton
18-09-13, 20:08
I actually made some progress today with my anxiety, was finally able to do some english work in a non-special education environment and was shocked to be around young people who were not acting like 14 year olds all the time :D

But obviously, i was anxious before going, and experienced chest pain and a few skipped beats (i was holding my hand over my heart and felt the beat stop for a little longer than usual). I calmed down when i started to do the work and felt normal for once :D

Later on in the day, i start to think about my heart again, and a few minutes ago i felt a pulse from my lower right back rib and the area around my left armpit, it went through the whole chest but it was most notable in these areas. Had this sensation before and i have no clue what it is, mother is going to look into getting a holter monitor put on my for a bit to get to the bottom of this so thats good :D

My anxiety has died down, but its far from gone.

---------- Post added at 20:08 ---------- Previous post was at 19:18 ----------

Also, doesn't help i felt pressure in my head during some of these episodes, but i have had that all my life pretty much.

MRS STRESS ED
18-09-13, 20:14
:doh:that's anxiety once it gets in your head it goes round and round ,you try and forget your symptoms then bang they hit you again is a vicious circle and its so so hard to stay focused on other things I know ,

JCRyanDenton
18-09-13, 21:57
:doh:that's anxiety once it gets in your head it goes round and round ,you try and forget your symptoms then bang they hit you again is a vicious circle and its so so hard to stay focused on other things I know ,

I keep telling myself that. I am obsessed with finding others with similar symptoms too. I am because i want to know i am not alone and my symptoms are common.

illgetthere
18-09-13, 22:26
I get that pressure in my head when I have skipped beats makes me feel dizzy x