PDA

View Full Version : scared to take lansoprosal foracidity

julia
18-09-13, 20:31
Hi I've been suffering with a heavy feeling like food doesn't digest when I first eat or drink I'm terrified with what's wrong I want to burp but can't Dr has given me lansoprosal but I'm too scared to take. Meds I'm In such a pickle when I eat I feel tight chested if I have a glass of wine it feels like it burns and if I bend over sometimes I get heartburn please anyone help I'm worried its cancer

bernie1977
18-09-13, 20:36
I've taken lansoprazole in the past and I'm now on omeprazole, never caused me any problems or side effects. If you want to get rid of those feelings you need to take the medication, it takes about 3 days to build up in your system and work. By the way alcohol is one of the main causes of acid reflux which is the burning feeling you're getting.

Google heartburn/acid reflux foods to avoid and you'll see which are the main triggers of symptoms

Fishmanpa
18-09-13, 20:47
Hi Julia,

First off, it's NOT cancer! If your doctor suspected something like that he wouldn't be giving you an acid reducer I assure you! I'm not a doctor but it sounds like classic acid stomach/indigestion to me. Lansoprosal helps prohibit acid production in the stomach. It's been on the market for years and is one of the most common acid reducers on the market. It's safe and effective.

Good Luck!

Breezy
18-09-13, 20:48
I take Omeprazole too, have never had any side effects and I get VERY anxious about taking new meds. What helps me with a new med, is I break it in half and take that first, then an hour later take the other half. Then I know I'm fine with the tablet. It helps me, just suggesting it for you? These meds are great at taking away those horrible burning feelings.

honeyp1e
18-09-13, 20:56
I have been on omeprazole on/off for ages started back on it today's ago as my stomach is so so raw I can't hardly eat plus sickly taste in throat etc... I won't take medication as I worry about side effects etc as I have a phobia of vomiting but I take these no side effects nothing ;( just hope they work soon as my stomach is killing all in center below ribs and all on left stinging /tensed feeling

julia
18-09-13, 20:58
I tried to take one yesturday but felt really tightchested and fuzzy headed. :(

honeyp1e
18-09-13, 21:00
They are really good once they work but its taking them to make them kick in etc my stomach is so raw I keep thinking of cancer etc it just won shut up :(

julia
18-09-13, 21:02
Honeyple do you feel like your food goes down heavy I just had a glass of lemon juice with dinner and even that felt like it didn't go down properly I'm so very worried

honeyp1e
18-09-13, 21:07
Yes I've only had a ham sandwich today an felt so heavy on my stomach :( lemon will kick ur's off as its citrus

---------- Post added at 21:07 ---------- Previous post was at 21:06 ----------

Mine I all just above navel across (mainly left )

julia
18-09-13, 21:13
Mines higher almost on chest :((

honeyp1e
18-09-13, 21:22
Mines in center between navel n ribs not much on right but more on left an center plus burning taste in throat I keep thinking its something worse with the pain bein on left