PDA

View Full Version : Vibration when trying to sleep?

Kez_miller
18-09-13, 21:05
Hi guys. Firstly I keep getting this feeling when I try and sleep. It comes and goes every so often. But I got it last night for the first time in months and it was really bad.

What happens is as I'm trying to fall asleep it feels like I'm vibrating inside. If you look at me or feel my body there is nothing. But it's there. Constant vibration. It's quite disturbing as it also feels like my heart is beating out my chest at the same time. Yet my heart rate is absolutely normal. Then I sit up wide awake and there is no feeling of this vibration. Does anyone else have this. If so how do I get rid of it? Or what is it?

Also. Last few days my left eye as felt completely non existant. By this I mean I almost can't feel it unless I touch it, also my eyes have become very sensitive to light. And when it's dark and I open my eyes. There is like a strobe light at the top of my vision when I look upwards. Any help with these would be excellent.

Anxious_gal
18-09-13, 21:33
It's normal to get all sorts of "hallucination" while falling asleep or waking up. Happens more if you're very tired or stressed.
Your brain is just going into sleep mode, you might fell weird sensations like vibrating or your muscles might jerk, you might hear someone call your name, your heart may suddenly race in so on. Totally harmless n happens to most people :)

The vibrating is highly common n is the reason behind a lot of myths, I won't mention them as they might add to the anxiety .

Get used to the feeling, once you do it will be easier to fall asleep. I can't think of anything that helps with the vibration other than try to accept it?

Lmug
18-09-13, 21:45
Get this all the time....definately part of high anxiety

Kez_miller
18-09-13, 22:24
Get this all the time....definately part of high anxiety

Thing is though, I wasn't anxious really! Although I have been under a lot of stress over the past few weeks and my anxiety levels have been rocketing again but not last night. It was one of my better days :/

xvolatileheart
18-09-13, 22:31
I get this too! Mostly in my chest and my feet. I have no clue why it happens, but it's definitely anxiety/stress related. Maybe our muscles are so tense during the day without realising and the nerves are frazzled by the time we rest. My left eye also worries me a lot... it feels like I'm going blind in it but when I close my right eye, I can still see so I don't know why I have that feeling! I can't explain it. I have loads of visual symptoms... again, the only started after the anxiety/panic attacks so it's all related somehow. I know it's difficult to accept that because it doesn't seem to make sense, it's a battle I fight everyday. But the fact that we are experiencing the same thing surely shows that it's nothing more serious!

Kez_miller
18-09-13, 22:37
I get this too! Mostly in my chest and my feet. I have no clue why it happens, but it's definitely anxiety/stress related. Maybe our muscles are so tense during the day without realising and the nerves are frazzled by the time we rest. My left eye also worries me a lot... it feels like I'm going blind in it but when I close my right eye, I can still see so I don't know why I have that feeling! I can't explain it. I have loads of visual symptoms... again, the only started after the anxiety/panic attacks so it's all related somehow. I know it's difficult to accept that because it doesn't seem to make sense, it's a battle I fight everyday. But the fact that we are experiencing the same thing surely shows that it's nothing more serious!

Wow, that's like the same story lol. The left eye thing is exactly how I was trying to explain it, feels like you are loosing vision in it but then cover your right eye and all is fine! And they say no 2 anxiety sufferers are the same :-)

Lmug
19-09-13, 01:05
It's kinda like when u ring a big bell and even after you strike it, the bell continues to vibrate.....this analogy helps me a lot

WillyB
20-09-13, 01:42
Something Claire Weekes mentions about 'Head noises' and sleep

'Some people complain of a noise in their head like a pistol shot, which comes just as they are going off to sleep. It is a sign that your tensed muslces are relaxing and that sleep is not far away. Others say their head seems to swing on the pillow like a pendulum. This is yet another sign that sleep is coming. It is but a temporary upset in your balancing mechanism caused by fatigue'

I get these head noises sometimes, particularly if I have already awoken and I'm dropping off again. I'm sure there are all sorts of sensations we can experience all linked to fatigue.

ankietyjoe
20-09-13, 10:22
Funnily enough I have been experiencing the vibrating sensation too recently, but without really feeling anxious or particularly stressed.

I get it across my chest and arms mainly.

It's as if I've had a particularly heavy workout, and the muscle trembling that goes along with it, but I haven't done any exercise at all.

It's quite disconcerting.

PanchoGoz
20-09-13, 10:31
Remember the body can be under stress even if you are not thinking unpleasant thoughts at the time. It lets it out in funny ways. It's like when people complain of derealization when they don't feel anxious, they just don't realise they need a longer while to recover than it feels.