PDA

View Full Version : Full blown panic - wont stop

hadenough
19-09-13, 08:39
Every morning as soon as I wake up I go into full blown panic. Its scaring me to death, I cant stop it. Ive been awake since 4am pacing round and round. I feel like Im going out of my mind. I took a diazepam at 4 but it didnt do anything. Im scared Im losing my mind.

Kim51
19-09-13, 09:36
Every morning as soon as I wake up I go into full blown panic. Its scaring me to death, I cant stop it. Ive been awake since 4am pacing round and round. I feel like Im going out of my mind. I took a diazepam at 4 but it didnt do anything. Im scared Im losing my mind.

Hi sorry you are going through a bad time, you are NOT loosing your mind. This is exactly what I thought when this first started with me, I am the same as soon as I wake up I go straight into panic/anxiety, I don't know why it happens and it is horrible, but I have learnt to cope with it, and hopefully one day we will wake up ok. Stay strong and look after yourself
Kim xx:bighug1:

cokesmyth5
19-09-13, 09:42
Sorry you are feeling so ghastly. How much diazepam did you take? I think it's ok to take 5mg when anxiety is very severe. If you feel the tablets continue to make no difference, go and talk to your GP, don't struggle on on your own with it.

Take care

Nic

hadenough
19-09-13, 09:52
Thanks for the replies.

I do actually feel like Im going mad, I have never been so scared. It just wont stop. I keep trying to sit down but I cant. I cant get the awful thoughts out of my mind. What if it never goes away.

I broke a 5mg tablet in half as Im scared to get addicted to them but think I will have to take the whole 5mg next time.

Im really depressed as well and have just changed ADs for the umpteenth time. Im only on day 6 so I know its going to be a while before they start working.

susie
19-09-13, 10:09
im so sorry your going through this its awfull time im lucky if I sleep until 4 I like yourself wake up really anxious and shaky I started on seroxat just over 2 weeks ago so its still early days .you have plenty of support on here be strong it will get better xx

Catherine84
19-09-13, 10:36
Hi there,

I'm so sorry you are going through such a rough time. I can really sympathise with you, as I have given up alcohol after relying on it a bit too much to calm me down, and a week and a half in, I am climbing the walls.

I would agree with the others that if your anxiety is really severe, you probably do need the 5mg. I wouldn't worry about addiction short term - I would take this dose for a period of about two weeks at a time, then taper down to 2mg for a couple of days, and then come off them with no bad effects. After taking them for this time, my anxiety would usually be under control to the point where I didn't feel I needed them any more. The drug also has a long half life, so stays in your system a long time. I definitely wouldn't recommend taking them long term though, as there is then the very definite potential for addiction. The GP can prescribe you other tablets to help you cope long term, if you decide you want to go down this road.

Other things that help for me: lavender scented baths and lots of chamomile tea (I think you can also get tea with valerian, which is very good for anxiety, but I understand you cannot have it with Diazepam).

The hardest part is realising that you can control the anxiety, it does not have to control you!

I hope you manage to beat this soon :hugs:.

Catherine x