PDA

View Full Version : Medical Services! DWP!

yvonne_uk_98
19-09-13, 21:39
Hi,

I received a letter from the DWP, from Cadogan street, glasgow, the place were they do medical assessments.

I have a form to fill in, its says that I'm transferring to ESA, I am already on ESA support. its really weird. I have to have it filled in before 18th October, or I'll lose my benefit.

I have phoned advice works, will have to phone again. is this what they do when your on ESA support, every now and then you got to fill in forms?

the letter is a bit confusing.

clio51
19-09-13, 21:53
It's depends on the last time you got accessed/transferred on how long they gave you ie. 12mths 18mths etc.

Have a look on your letter that said you were put in the support group it should tell you how long you have been put in that group for.

When your time is up for renewal you will get another esa 50 form to fill in to be again reassessed. This may take months and sometimes you may have to go for a medical.

yvonne_uk_98
19-09-13, 22:50
clio51,

Thanks for the advice, I checked my letter, I started to get Esa support from 5 February 2013. I have read the letter it dont say how long I will get it for. Why do I need to fill this form in, when only been on ESA Support for 7 months so far? Maybe this is the assessment stage. since it came from the assessment team.

---------- Post added at 22:50 ---------- Previous post was at 22:33 ----------

I have re-read the letter again, found the part it says as long as I'm still entitled to Employment and Support Allowance.

clio51
19-09-13, 23:16
Ring them tomoz, and tell them you only been in support group since Feb and you have another esa 50 why?

If your early riser ring before 8 as there very busy and you are on hold ages!

yvonne_uk_98
19-09-13, 23:51
clio51,

thank you, I will ring them tomorrow to find out why. just causing me to worry.

bernie1977
20-09-13, 17:53
When I was transferred from Inapacity to ESA I was put in the support group and the letter said for 1 year. 6months before my year was up I got the ESA50 to fill in again, I rang and they said they send them out early due to backlogs. Filled it in and sent it back and this time as I was put in the support group for 6 months only. I'll be getting the form to fill in again soon, I'm dreading it as its so stressful, it made me even more ill last time from all the stress and worry.

Hope you've got it sorted Yvonne xx

yvonne_uk_98
20-09-13, 21:59
I phoned, they had put me on the support group for 6 months, my months are up, to re-apply.

been phoning advice works, no joy, I will phone again on monday. hopefully will get my appointment sorted.

thanks for the help and advice, I became ill last time. here we go again.

clio51
20-09-13, 22:31
Yvonne,

That's crazy 6 mths, that means about 4 month in you have to fill in another of those forms and all the stress of waiting again!

yvonne_uk_98
21-09-13, 21:02
Clio51,

I dont think its fair at all. wish I got the letter before I seen my gp. I'll need to phone on Monday to ask to speak to her, to let her know, I got that dreaded from again.

yvonne_uk_98
23-09-13, 13:00
Phone advice works, got an appointment to fill the form in, i'm away for 2 weeks, my appointment is on 10 October. I'll try and not to worry about it until I come back. hope i manage it.

I phoned my gp, asked for her to give me a call back, not going anywhere as I need to speak to her.

will keep ya posted on how things go.

yvonne_uk_98
10-10-13, 00:16
going to see my gp tomorrow morning before I get my form filled in, got an appointment with advice works to get help to fill my form in. plus my hospital appointment has come through. I will add that to my form. let ya know how it goes tomorrow.

yvonne_uk_98
10-10-13, 22:44
got my form filled in, came home to photo copy it, now to get it posted, will post it tomorrow. I'll take it into the post office to get it posted. I hope the dss will get it in time.

think I'll put it in another envelope and post it next day delivery. I would feel better that way.

now its a waiting problem.

yvonne_uk_98
11-10-13, 18:50
posted my form today. now to wait.

yvonne_uk_98
17-10-13, 10:33
going to phone to find out if they got my form.

yvonne_uk_98
30-01-14, 02:06
Received letter to say get ESA unitl July 2014, then I will need to reapply, I get it for 6 months.

bonniesnyder
25-01-17, 11:18
Yes. Clio is right.

http://www.paramedical.ca/