PDA

View Full Version : Blood test results - still confused and worried

JustJules
20-09-13, 12:07
Well, got my blood results yesterday (had tested for diabetes and thyroid this time...). The new young Dr who I saw with my anxiety a few weeks ago as my usual GP is away said that all was normal, apart from a few raised white markers that he wasn't concerned about and wouldn't take any further. He asked if I was okay and I said yes, apart from my anxiety still around but not as bad as I was when I saw him the other week. He said that in June when my blood was taken it had gone back to normal (I'd had a UTI back in May) but that it was just raised again slightly....now I'm freaking out though as I remember I had taken some antibiotics for a tooth abcess in June so that probably muffled the resutls and I must have had white markers all along....

I'm now worried they've missed something and am trying not to panic and rush back to see my GP and say there must be something wrong somewhere to raise the white cells...

The only symptoms I have at the moment are dull ache in my buttocks and down the back of my legs so I'm thinking maybe I might have some sort of lingering infection in my backside or something as it's worse when I sit down.

ankietyjoe
20-09-13, 12:14
I'm now worried they've missed something

Welcome to the club :yesyes:

The Doc says you're fine.

Go for a walk and think about daisies or something. :shades:

nomorepanic
20-09-13, 12:53
Raised white blood cell markers can happen for no reason and usually sort themselves out so I wouldn't worry to be honest.

AuntieMoosie
20-09-13, 13:26
I agree with Nic, having raised white cells is very, very normal, in fact, I think every time I have my diabetes bloods taken, my white cells always come back a little raised.

My GP told me that often we can have little tiny infections that we don't even know about and they only worry if the count is very high, so I would think that you're just fine hun :hugs:

JustJules
20-09-13, 13:39
Thanks Ladies. That's reassuring.

Have a good weekend. x