PDA

View Full Version : OCD: Is this it?

cfury
26-10-06, 00:56
I know I am a hypochondriac, but I only think there's something wrong with me if I worry about it. I am not worrying about OCD, but I'm curious. I have a few procedures I follow before I eat.

1. Not uncommon: wash hands.
2. Weird: Don't touch anything with my right hand. prepare food (usually a bagel or something on Saturday or Sunday mornings when my mom doesn't fix my breakfast) only with left hand.
3. Strange: Never take top utensil or dish, always take second from top.
4. Eat only with right hand.

That's not what has me concerned. I read somewhere that obsessive thoughts can be a result of OCD. For example (this will sound extremely stupid and random): I worry about starting a rock band and becoming successful. I wonder what the whole point of music is. I worry about how I will raise money for a backup guitar incase my Fender breaks. I have to think about it for a few seconds and imagine me getting a job. I then worry about why I am into heavy metal. I worry about how my music actually is "aggressive in a positive way." I question everything until I go crazy. It's hard to explain, but I worry about very small things. Maybe I should just go back to the Health Concerns thread lol.

net
28-10-06, 19:22
it sounds like you may have ocd tendencies

netty

the dreams of the future are better than the history of the past

anxious
01-11-06, 10:03
It sounds like that to me as well, but with health anxiety you can be obsessive anyway. Try not to dwell on it too much so that you arn't as aware,

anx x

Laughter is a tranquilizer with no side effects