PDA

View Full Version : anyone there please? having a major scare

mila
20-09-13, 21:43
Please, I am really freaking out here.

I was just sitting down watching tv and suddenly i started feeling like I am going to sink through the sofa and lose consciousness or something, like when you are overwhelmed by something. I froze in panic, couldn't stand up cause i felt I would fall right down on the floor. I have been feeling floaty since and really shaken, i stood up eventually and tried to distract myself by washing up, i feel like walking on water though. I was feeling fine then suddenly this and I feel like it's the end of the world! I am so scared something is going to happen to me, I am so scared of fainty feelings and it's one of my most regular symptoms...

cattttt
20-09-13, 21:48
Did you start to fall asleep? If you were watching tv that could happen quite easily and you get some really weird sensations in that half sleep/half wake state.

missfishlash
20-09-13, 21:48
Ive had that sinking sensation too before, and it sounds like it gave you a bit of a panic attack....the after effects are the come down I think, dont worry it will pass soon. Dont be afraid, just go with it, its frightening i know but it cant harm you x

BumbleGirl
20-09-13, 22:29
Hi Mila,

To me it sounds like a panic attack. I have had that before where I have just been sat there completely fine and then out of nowhere I will suddenly feel like I'm going to die and have allsorts of weird sensations.
Try to take some slow deep breaths and try to focus on something you enjoy, for example something on tv. It's very scary but it's not real and it can't hurt you xx