PDA

View Full Version : Cystoscopy?

bluefrog
21-09-13, 05:48
Anyone ever have one? I've been having pain and was sent to urologist.. She found blood in my urine and I have been set up to have a cystoscopy. I am scared of the procedure and scared of what the blood means. I am beside myself with worry and am fearing the worse. Any advise? Thanks!

jackieann3
21-09-13, 08:52
Hello there bluefrog I can't believe I've seen this post I've got to have 1 of these on the 3oth of this month because I keep getting water infections I've posted on here a couple of times trying to find out if anyone has had one I'm really scared as well can't stop thinking about it , but I was told if you put systoscpy in search there it will all come up the people who have had one it's all positive and people say it's not as bad as we think And very quick and just stings a bit in the begining but when your numb and don't feel anything all over before you know it,Iv rung the hospital 2 times to cancel it but been talked out of it by nurse I know I've got to have it done to get to the bottom of it got pain most of the time but like you I'm really worried but best to have it and have our minds put at rest if yours is before mine let me know how it went and I will too . Wish you well xxx

bluefrog
21-09-13, 15:46
jackieann3 , Thanks for your post. I am having it done this coming Friday. I am so scared and hoping all will be well. I will let you know how it goes. I canceled having it done last week, now I just have to do it and get it over with. I am so worried, I am so afraid, I can't stop thinking about it either. I hope we both have an easy time with this and that all goes well. Try not to worry, I keep saying that to myself but its not working! Wishing you well also.

jackieann3
21-09-13, 21:25
Hello bluefrog yes it's best to get it over and done with that's what I keep telling myself I'm sure all will be fine I'm told it only takes 10 minutes from beginning to end so try not to worry I will be thinking of you Friday good luck xxx

bluefrog
28-09-13, 12:04
Just wanted to let anyone reading and worried about getting this test done. It was quite fast and nearly painless. Afterwards there was some stinging, or burning while have to pee, but the more water you drink it does help. I had it yesterday and I have hardly any burning at all. I was very worried about having this but it turned out to be not much at all. I had it done in the urologist's office. Hope this helps. :)