PDA

View Full Version : Helloo!

ugy
26-10-06, 02:30
[clears throat and begins in a strong but slightly quavery voice...] I'm a 31 year old lad from Sheffield. I love music. I'm not keen on right-wing politics, mushy peas and panicking.
I've been through counselling, group therapy and medication. All were quite lovely (apart from the meds) and all proved ineffective.
I'm currently receiving CBT (hooray!) and can thoroughly recommend Dr. Claire Weekes book "Self-Help For Your Nerves" (nothing to do with CBT, BTW)
I've been varying degrees of agoraphobic over the past 8 or 9 years and despite feeling a bit lonely now and then, am feeling pretty damn positive about kicking the habit of over-anxiousness sometime around now!

I'd like to give my best wishes to everyone on the forum. Good luck! We're clearly NOT ALONE!

Thought that was worth a shout (scuse me)

Love,
ugy
[sits down, beaming]

Take my adrenal gland. Please.

mackncody
26-10-06, 04:21
That was great. I just imagined the whole thing as I was reading this. I got this mental pic of a cute little boy oh so proud of himself.(I mean it was a cute image and a refreshing one, not to be derogatory) The mushy pees totally got me!

Thanks for words of encouragement![:P]

If nothing else...I will survive.

To: SSJHSMH-U are light and my heart and strength. I will protect you in this life or the next always.

manmoor
26-10-06, 08:02
Hi Ugy,

A big warm welcome to you.

Take Care

Mandyxx

belle
26-10-06, 13:04
What the heck is wrong with mushy peas!? Add a little cheese.....delicious (however, my son would strongly disagree..lol).

Hi...
A warm welcome from down south to you there in the middle(ish) somewhere!!!!
How are you finding the Claire Weekes book? I reserved (that) one from the library about a 9 weeks ago and i got a lovely automated message the other day saying it was in for me.....BUT.....i'm a little confused since the library is now shut for refurbishment! Daft messages.
Anyway...good to meet you!
SarahC

yorkylover
26-10-06, 13:15
Hi Ugy,I love mushy peas,there the best!!!!!!![Yeah!][:P][:P][:P][:P][:P].
A big welcome to you.;)

Ellen XX

nomorepanic
26-10-06, 18:23
Hi Ugy

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help to you.

Where in Sheffield do you live?

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel

Nicola

ugy
26-10-06, 18:47
The thing with the peas is that they make your chips both soggy and green!
I just can't get with that...

Thanks for the welcome. I don't know anybody who panics to talk to, so it's really good to find there's a community here.

I live in Netheredge on the south side of the city. It's quiet and treeful (is that a word?) and is mostly a pleasure to be out in.

Cheers y'all!

ugy

p.s. I think I'm rather flattered by your mental image, Mackncody; the bit about being cute anyway. Ta!

Take my adrenal gland. Please.

nomorepanic
26-10-06, 18:59
Mushy peas are horrid things!!!

I know Netheredge. I lived in various places ending up in Frecheville. I moved away 8 years ago now though.

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel

Nicola

honeybee3939
26-10-06, 19:20
Hi Ugy !

A BIG warm welcome to you, lovely to see you here, hope the CBT is going well, im sure you will find lots of good advice here and make new friends on the way!

Mushy peas !! I thought all yorkshire folk liked mushy peas !!.lol.:D

Love

Andrea
xxxx

mad_shell66
27-10-06, 08:22
hi ugy,

welcome to the site

you are in the right place mate

shellx

trac67
27-10-06, 11:30
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'