PDA

View Full Version : hey im tasha anyone from bristol

bristolzbabi
21-09-13, 13:20
hello everyone im new 2 all this my names tasha i suffer from anxiety attack and i have been put on propranolol 40mg 3times a day i have only been taking thm 4 2days but i need help with ideas on how 2 controll my anxiety whn i cn go out i feel like evryone is looking at me and im not sleeping very well on a nite i may get between 3-4 hours a nite which repeats it self evry night and i have never done his b4

NR
22-09-13, 10:42
Welcome

I have the same problem and live in Bristol too. I go to a self help group and it really helps me. Happy to give you the details?

vincent
22-09-13, 12:01
Hi Tasha another Bristol resident here, the sleep problems are probably a side effect of the propranolol if you've not had trouble with your sleep pattern in the past. I've always had problems sleeping, my trick recently that seems to work is to go for a run or out on my bike for an hour or two and that seems to help me relax a bit, at least enough to get a few hours sleep.

As for controlling your anxiety when you're out with people, I tend to excuse myself. Go to a toilet, find a stall, close your eyes and try and concentrate on your breathing. If you can tell one of your friends that you go out with what you're going through so that they can help you cope and spot when it's getting bad.

bristolzbabi
26-09-13, 11:02
yes plz any help is greatful

---------- Post added at 11:02 ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 ----------

thank you