PDA

View Full Version : first time post.. so scared

awfulpanic
21-09-13, 21:16
Hi all
Really need help to calm down here, this is my first post and my story is quite long, sorry. i have had anxiety and panic attacks for years was really bad for 3 or 4 years then got on top of it with help from counselling all was ok for 8 to 10 years it wasn't gone but i could control it until recently.

Since having my second child 2 years ago things have gone really bad, I do not feel well at all. my allergies have gone crazy. Vitamin b and folic acid levels dropped and here is the problem. had to take these vitamins after a few weeks i had what i now believe is a severe allergic reaction, My hands and feet started to tingle and itch turning into the worst case of pins and needles and i got really hot had 1 episode of explosive diarrhoea and collapsed but didnt pass out this lasted for 40 mins. Doctor said it was a virus and anxiety. I have dealt with anxiety and panic attacks half my life and never experienced anything like this i wasnt even anxious until i collapsed.:weep:
Anxiety started to return hard from here on. Stopped taking the b vits for a few weeks and felt ok again then on Friday i took one and within an hour i had the tingling hands and itchyness that i had when i collapsed but not as severe. I have been in panic mode since cant stop crying and going over it in my head how do i stop this panic until i ring my doc on Monday morn.
I am so freaked out about anaphylactic shock cant get it out of my head. I could go on for ever about my symptoms but i think you all them already.

Can anyone give me some advice please !!!

diane07
21-09-13, 23:42
Welcome to NMP.

I have moved your thread to the Introduction Forum.

Your doc said your symptoms were due to a virus, this could well be the case, have your symptoms waned at all.

It may not be anything at all to do with the meds you are taking and simply be down to viral infection.

The feelings of anx can be overpowering at times, and feel like hell.

Di x

awfulpanic
22-09-13, 01:20
Sorry i should have posted in this area first, jumped in with both feet in a panic as usual. :unsure: I have been lurking for so long and eventually got the courage to post.

ya the tingling and itching in my hands went away after a few hours of taking the vit. I hope it is due to a virus.... waiting to see an allergist as i keep having reactions to something (urticaria, sneezing, itchy skin etc). Just wish that i could stop myself from panicking so much about these. It is taking over my life. I have my head stuck in computer all weekend trying to "find the answer". Struggling at the moment.

Thank you for taking the time to get back to me.