PDA

View Full Version : Trying to get my life back together

stay_gold
22-09-13, 11:12
I kinda let the anxiety take control of my life and pretty much ruin it. I feel like I've lost everything really, I have. I'm pretty empty, but I'm bored of feeling helpless and tired.
I wanna take control again, I wanna make new friends but I really don't know where to start in doing that and a job because I am broke as. Is there anyone else in my position that is ready to get back in control but doesn't know how to? Anyone that is starting to take control?

Krafty
22-09-13, 11:33
yes im in the same boat and I dont know where to start

jayjoe18
22-09-13, 19:07
I'm in the same boat too, feel exactly the same as what you described. I have no clue where to start, I wish I had taken control sooner and maybe I would still have some sort of a life. I have nothing now so it's going to be tough building my life up again from scratch :(

stay_gold
22-09-13, 21:36
I'm glad I'm not the only one, It's an annoying feeling because I still feel trapped and frustrated and that creates more problems. I wanna get things together before I end up going back into the no motivation mode.

jayjoe18
23-09-13, 12:50
I'm glad I'm not the only one, It's an annoying feeling because I still feel trapped and frustrated and that creates more problems. I wanna get things together before I end up going back into the no motivation mode.

I know what you mean, I often feel like I'm suffocating, it's so difficult to get out once your in so deep with anxiety etc.

Are you taking any steps to recovery at the moment? Are you doing any therapy/taking medication etc?

Rennie1989
23-09-13, 15:12
I am in your shoes. I've had anxiety, panic attacks and depression ten years this month and I cannot let it get to me anymore, a decade is almost half my life!!

I wrote down things about my life I didn't like, like how poor my eating was, lack of water intake, lack of friends and lack of future prospect. Since then I've been more conscious of my eating and am now maintaining a healthier weight (I'm no longer sickly skinny) and am still trying to drink more water. I realised working in my job was not offering me enough recognition and was causing me more stress than needed so I have decided to become a counsellor. I have bought my book and will be applying to start the course next month. I'm still working on the lack of friends but I've learned that it stems from a lack of confidence which I am also working on. I also have two hobbies, novel writing and knitting, of which I have a project for each: finish the novel and finish the blanket.

Remember, think positively. You're thinking affects your behaviour and attitude. If you come across a difficult situation don't think 'I can't do this!' think 'OK, what can I do to get through this'. Learn from the experience itself and your thought pattern.

It's all about taking things slowly. Forget the big picture, you're not there yet, concentrate on the smaller things like a better sleeping routine, eating routine, diet, exercise etc. Once you've got that done you move on to the next thing. Remember to give yourself a pat on the back, don't talk yourself down when you have a moment of weakness and relapse, it's normal, acknowledge it and move on.

I wish you all the best :)

Krafty
23-09-13, 20:03
I like your posts Rennie, very inspiring :)

Rennie1989
23-09-13, 20:18
Glad I can help :)