PDA

View Full Version : could my chest pain be muscular?

eddy1608
22-09-13, 12:28
ive had this for a year now i ve had 3 ekgs and bloodwork and numerous trips to the a and e and the doctors each time theyve said anixiety and muscle pain. the other day i stood in between my two work tops and help my weight then lowered my body towards the floor and felt a tight pain in my chest and when i stopped it went away, i have a very weak chest i can barley hold my weight after i done that my chest felt really tight i stretched and the same pain was there for maybe 3 seconds then it went away and sometimes there is a pop or cracking sound as i stretch. i always fear there is something wrong with my heart but ive been starting to lift weights a lot lately and dont get any pain when i do that or use my punch bag its just when my chest is holding my weight i get the worse pain. it does sound muscular but being a health anxiety sufferer i always think the worst.
just looking for opinions really, i am 24 aswell no history of heart issues in my family
cheers guys

purgatory
22-09-13, 13:41
Hi eddy,

Yes sounds very much like my life story and the answer to your question is YES sounds very muscular related to me.

I suffer from costochondritis and the pain and the sensations your have explained are similar to mine..

You have summend me up very well.. I have also been a&e a few times via 999 and have had loads of tests over a few years and with having health anxiety and panic disorder it is hard to believe that nothing serious is wrong. But I have now so far for over 8 months I have not been seeing the doctor ever week or so (I maybe see them every month or so now) and I don't mention my heart anymore as I know it does me no good to keep harping on about it.

I have to focus my mind else where other than what if and do I have..

And so far it is working I still get pain and chest sensations