PDA

View Full Version : anxiety attack at work

Anxious lu
22-09-13, 17:35
Was working and at the end of my shift my calf felt momentarily tight light someone was grabbing it.. this happened 3 times and induced an anxiety attack.. a colleague told me it was just cramp and not to worry but I cant help worrying because I felt no pain and link pain with cramps.. since then I have had chest pain on and off and am breathless but I know deep down that was the.effect of my anxiety.. I am so close to visiting dr google to see if it is parkinsons
. I dont know why parkinsons it is just in my head.. I have been on my feet at work all weekend and am only 21 but cannot rationalise
Ahhhh

Anxious lu
23-09-13, 11:51
Your all so helpful..thanks

bernie1977
23-09-13, 11:56
It's not nice when you don't get a reply.

I've not experienced that feeling in my calf. Had you been stood or sat for a long time without moving much? It could've been cramp. Sorry this has made you anxious but please don't visit Dr Google, he wants striking off!!

Have you had the feeling since?

vicky23
23-09-13, 12:14
The work I've done on my HA consisted of trying to accept that my body would just feel random sensations/pain/twinges. If I didn't feel these then I'd be dead so it's good to feel your body working it's like a machine constantly working. Those sensations don't always = something wrong. Every time I looked for reassurance that I wasn't....having a heart attack/ a sickness bug/ food poisoning etc etc then I kept the anxiety cycle going.

Fishmanpa
23-09-13, 12:19
Parkinson's? Really? It's a muscle twitch of some sort. I know you say you can't rationalize but what you describe isn't even remotely associated with Parkinson's.

It is associated with normal body function. Often times our bodies send a stray signal that fires off a nerve or muscle, especially if we've been standing for an extended period of time such as at work.

Positive thoughts and prayers.

Anxious lu
23-09-13, 19:38
Thank you .. it just takes a group of strangers to bring you back down to earth sometimes. X