PDA

View Full Version : Surgery fears

Jennaxox
22-09-13, 22:34
Right so I'm 18 & gettin to the age where you think about things more
I have never had surgery and I don't need to have surgery at the moment
But it all started when my friend had a appendicitis and had it removed she said it was awful & she hated it I suffer from health anexity anyway and now I'm obsessed and scare myself stupid that I'm going to need surgery soon & I'm scared I might get a appendicitis the only things that help me abit are thinking
I don't need it at the moment
My family & friends would support me if I did
But nothing's working in petrified :( I can't stop thinking about it, it's taking over my life can anyone help?

Annie0904
22-09-13, 22:43
I have had surgery a few times now but it isn't worth thinking about if you don't need it. My Mum never had surgery until she was 82 so that would be a long time to worry about it :) For me, I was pleased to have the surgery as I knew it would make me better. Recovery time is quick and it really isn't that bad and that is from someone who worries about everything! You may never need it and it is better to think positive than worry about the "what if"

Jennaxox
22-09-13, 22:45
I know I keep trying to tell myself that but I just can't stop panicking over it all its starting to really stress me out I just want it to go away but it takes over my mind x

Annie0904
22-09-13, 22:51
I know it is hard when you have got something on your mind to stop worrying about it. My sister in law recently had major surgery. She is 47 and it was her first surgery. She was really worried about it but it went so well and she was soon back home. No where near as bad as she expected. Enjoy being healthy and if the times comes that you do ever need it, deal with it then. Yes your friend said it was awful, that was her opinion. Try to change your thoughts about the negatives to something more positive..like "I am healthy so don't need surgery"

Jennaxox
23-09-13, 12:40
Thank you so much you've really helped me xxxxx