PDA

View Full Version : Finding this site has probably saved me !

worrywoman
23-09-13, 17:24
Hi, my name is Atlantta 29 years old.

I cannot tell you how happy I am that I have stumbled across this site !
I have only just found it, and I have just felt the most amazing over whelming feeling of relief I have ever felt in a long long time !
I suffer from anxiety, and it's only today that I have realised this.
My "irrational thoughts" to me, were just a spout if depression, that I have gone through for a few years. in fact, I should mention that I am in tears right now, with finding out I am not the only one who suffers like this :'). it's probably the first bit of emotion I have showed in 3 weeks, in which my latest "irrational thought" started, which has left me even more happier that I am still capable of emotion ! .. I'm confident you all understand me when I say that. Up untill today, I felt so very alone, scared and afraid to tell anyone how I'm feeling, especially as my worries are so random and irrational, that I worrie I would e deemed "crazy".
My grandma took her own life when my mother was a child and I often wonder what went through her head, and wether she felt as trapped as I do, and wether it was from he same sort of state that I can get myself into. if only the Internet and sites like this was here for her back in the 60's, maybe she would still be here today.
I'll leave my introduction at that for this post :)
the relief of finding this site is so over whelming and I am STILL crying with relief ! ... I had no idea that the sort of anxiety I am obviously suffering from actually has a name ! This is a major step forward for me ! and I realise now that I am nt the only one.... I am confidante I have found light at the end of the tunnel now ! :')

venusbluejeans
23-09-13, 17:54
Hiya and welcome to NMP Atlantta :welcome:

I felt exactly the same when I first joined here, relief that there was people here suffering similar things as me :)

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

almamatters
23-09-13, 18:03
Hi and :welcome: to the site Atlantta , I am sure you will get loads of help and support on here.

MRS STRESS ED
23-09-13, 19:15
:welcome:theres of help and support here

worrywoman
23-09-13, 22:16
thankyou very much :) .... xxx <3

Vanilla Sky
24-09-13, 08:32
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:

tracy butler
24-09-13, 09:57
hi I was the same as you when I found this site but it has helped me a great deal I am learning to live with the aniexty instead of being afraid of it takc care

worrywoman
24-09-13, 20:59
I wish I could learn to do that :) ... I try my hardest to think positively when an irrational fear kicks in. unfortunatly I'm the sort of person who needs know where my life is heading, and that the people/animals I love will still be there. my recent irrational thought is "having my pets Taken from me". this is an absolute MAJOR irrational thought for me, as I rely on the comfort of my pets to always be there for me. so the thought of losing them leaves me feeling very vulnerable and open to emotional hurt. this is so hard.. I want all te thought to go away and let me be happy again :'( ... maybe its not the thought itself that's tearing me apart, but the feelings that come with the thought ?

Atlantta xx

---------- Post added at 20:59 ---------- Previous post was at 19:30 ----------

Hiya and welcome to NMP Atlantta :welcome:

I felt exactly the same when I first joined here, relief that there was people here suffering similar things as me :)

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Thankyou ! :D xxxx

Annie0904
24-09-13, 21:02
Hi Welcome :) x

Tessar
24-09-13, 21:13
Hey Atlantta, it's so good that you have found this site. It's also good that it is offering you reassurance and a place that you will be able to offload, to talk about how you feel & to know people will relate to what you describe. I have found it's helped me so much. I have made good friends here as well as had more brief encounters with people who have just c e here for reassurance. Either way, it's such a good support network and I find being involved really gives me a sense of belonging. I look forward to seeing you around.