PDA

View Full Version : Hi all

BROWNERS
23-09-13, 18:34
Hi All,

My names Aaron i'm 23 living in north county Dublin Ireland.

I started getting anxiety back in 2008 before I took a trip to America on my own for the first time. I remember my parents telling me im just worried about the trip and that it will all be ok.

I went to America stayed for 2 days and came home (Was planning on staying for a month, never even left the airport)

All the symptoms seemed to disappear once I came back. I then fell in love and moved in with a girl after about 7-8 months we moved house, and planned a trip to New York for Christmas.

Then all my symptoms came back, including panic attacks. I thought it was a heart attack, thought I was going to die, was terrified. Got to a stage where I couldn't leave the house on my days off, could go to work and back again but that was about it. ( I could work because I work in the airport and there is an ambulance at the airport, my logic was that if i was having a heart attack i would have help within a few minutes)

I went to counseling for about 5-6 months every week. It made things a bit better. I changed councilors and eventually felt much better. Still no where near 100%

I just about manage it, try get on with everything as best I can.

I found this website a few days ago I have to say thanks, its an amazing resource. I see that other people have the same symptoms, i don't feel so alone.

Thanks.

Moley
23-09-13, 18:51
Hello and welcome

MRS STRESS ED
23-09-13, 19:22
:welcome:lots of help and support here

Edward_1980
25-09-13, 08:50
:welcome: Aaron

mjday
28-09-13, 17:40
Hey Aaron
I read you post and weldone for going to counseling for all that time, its something I not been able to do. I go ones and then I don't seem to go again. But after you say you feel better after so many months i m inspired to try myself do keep going.

All the best

cwright933
29-09-13, 10:04
Hiya,

I saw your reply and thought i would pass on a message. When i was going through panic attacks & agoraphobia the first time i was indoors for a year with noone to talk to and alone.

I eventually got the courage to find some help by searching online, i found a charity caled MIND and i havent looked back. I had cognitive behavioural therapy, this was over a year ago now and iv been fine.

At this moment in time i am going through it again due to stress about an interview i have got this week and the face my partner is starting a new job this week working nights and i dont like being on my own at night.

I hope you take the chance to have counselling as it will help, only if you really want it!

BROWNERS
29-09-13, 16:27
I agree, it helped me greatly. I think you should nearly go to one even if you don't have anxiety. Its always good to talk.