PDA

View Full Version : plese can someone put my mind to rest

keaw
23-09-13, 22:40
I have had globus/lump/swollen feeling in my throat for months, and tonight its really bad! I thought I would try and sooth it my massaging my throat. when I move my adams apple from side to side(gently) it grinds and clicks loudly. im totally freaking out now because this is new . please tell me if this is normal? have you had/got it?:weep:

---------- Post added at 22:40 ---------- Previous post was at 22:39 ----------

I really want to google but don't want to make myself even worse

BumbleGirl
23-09-13, 22:52
Hi Keaw,

I have had this before. Last year I had it for a few months and was so scared. The DR done a blood test to check my thyroid as apparently that can cause this symptom (can't remember if it's under or over active?) but it was all fine and strangely enough as soon as I got the blood tests results back it went so it proves it was just anxiety! xx

keaw
23-09-13, 23:13
did your cartilage grind, almost like it pops from side to side?

BumbleGirl
23-09-13, 23:24
Hi,
No it didn't that I noticed but I think it's normal for the cartilage in your neck to move xx

illgetthere
24-09-13, 02:02
Yes it 100% normal I went yo the doctors with mine to please be careful when messing around with your throat it's very delicate and as my doctor said snap it by accident and no more Vicky I never touched it since and has for the glibus get done fishermans friend the old sweets and suck 1 of those bad boys x

Speranza
24-09-13, 04:26
Yes I found they worked well - but in the end it was better to have the acid treatment.

This is normal but don't mess around with your throat. I can't imagine you would 'snap it' (although I'm not a doctor and I am sure it's good advice not to touch it!) so don#t worry about that - but do get back to the doctor and ask for everything to be checked. I don't think this is a worrying symptom but if it's worrrying YOU then maybe talk to the doc again.

keaw
24-09-13, 07:07
thanks guys, im going to try and get in at docs this morning, im so scared and just cant calm down.

keaw
24-09-13, 18:01
I went to the doctors, he said the grinding cartilage is normal(he didn't feel it) he has put me back on lanzoprazole and given me some propranolol to take as and when I may need them, I haven't had one yet. I just feel so fed up and sad, I hadn't had full blown panic attacks for months and now they are back I feel like im going mad:weep:

maggie9966
24-09-13, 19:55
lvvlve had panic attacks and I don't like them I'm on anti deppresents and dizapam for anxiety