PDA

View Full Version : Bowel Cancer Aniexty! Help

watapale
24-09-13, 03:26
This is my first posting, I'm 25 years old and I have been struggling with Health Aniexty on and off for about 9 years now! My main concern over the last 3 months is bowel cancer..

3 Months ago I had what was believed to be a gut infection ill spare you the details but it was watery for about a week, I got better then I got stressed, work, personal life usual stuff.. Then Bang it hit me I had constant what felt like wind in my stomach sharp pains I went to the DR they gave me Buscopan and said it was normal to have cramps post gut infection. The cramps didn't pass so I went to the hospital they took my blood and did an examination, they said my blood was fine. Not to worry too much (if only) I still wasn't satisfied. Back to the DRs I asked for a scan he gave me a referral and I got a private abdominal ultrasound done, nothing showed up. Then I found out ultrasounds are not the best for detecting bowel problems..

The worry and pain continued so much I had to resign from work, all in all I went to the doctors 27 times including 5 times to A&E department at 3 different hospitals. The last time I went they xrayed me took my blood did a hand examination, everything came back fine, I did a stool sample no blood detected. I started worrying less then I was eating popcorn over a few days and I had sharp pain when passing stool and small droplets of bright red blood, at first I assumed it was just a anal fissure, but I have literally gone in to over drive with worry again.. Its worn me down completely I cant wait for a colonoscopy on free health care but Im paying out so much money and getting no where

Anybody else been through this?

ankietyjoe
24-09-13, 10:09
all in all I went to the doctors 27 times including 5 times to A&E department at 3 different hospitals.

And none of them found a problem with your gut/bowel?

Like most of us then, the problem is in your head :welcome:

nomorepanic
24-09-13, 10:11
It would be good to get the colonoscopy to give you all the clear or indeed maybe find something but it could equally just be IBS or something like diverticulitis.