PDA

View Full Version : Still torturing myself over lump on tongue

Liviguy
24-09-13, 11:14
Hi all,

This is how the story starts. Well over a year and a half ago I was eating a burger and I heard my jaw crack. After that, I had a little swelling in my right cheek (up just under my temple) and I felt like I had a lump, or a piece of food stuck in the hollow of my mouth between my throat and my cheek. I went to the doctor and he had a quick look and could see nothing and sent me on my way with a mouthwash.

Fast forward a year, and the feeling was still there so I went back to the doctor and he had another quick look and again said he could see nothing.

I had a dentist appointment and even the dentist said he could see nothing. So I left feeling a bit better.

However, I can still feel a lump to this day. I seem to be constantly rubbing it against my teeth and I feel like I can swallow it up and down which tells me it is on my tongue. It's not normally sore, however it has been for a day or two.

I was petrified to even look, however I was at the dentist last week and asked him to have a look. Again, he said he could see nothing so I plucked up the courage to have a good look in my mouth.

On my tongue (I have to put it our really far) there appears to be a white lump which I can only guess is what I can feel and why when I swallow I can feel it, and I can kind of chew on it with my molars. It is there, I can feel it 24/7. It feels like I have something stuck in my throat at times and it is very irritating.

Does anyone else experience this , and have any idea what it may be? I really am embarrassed to go to the doc again about this.

I just want them to say to me, oh I see what it is, and don't worry. It's the fact that they are telling me they can't see anything makes me worry that the issue is further down than they can physically see.