PDA

View Full Version : Perpherated eardrum

Shivmarie
24-09-13, 12:45
Has anyone had this? my doc told me i had one last night, how long until they heal etc? its making me feel awful :-(

Anxious_gal
24-09-13, 20:27
I had this, it's basically a little hole that closes by it's self.

Daisy Sue
24-09-13, 22:18
I had a perforated eardrum also, only a few weeks ago. I had awful earache & one doc gave me eardrops, which I could taste straight after using, so saw a different doc the next day & confirmed that my eardrum was perforated, & not to use drops any more!

A week on antibiotics, then a check-up a week after that, & the perforation had healed, although apparently it's left a scar.

So, I'd say probably a fortnight.

Hope yours feels better soon!

Shivmarie
26-09-13, 10:30
Daisy Sue, it sounds exactly like me. I had drops and i could taste them and everything went loud! then i seen another doc who gave me spray and anti-b's, a week later no improvment and THEN he tells me i have a perforated eardurm. I know it has to heal by itself but its really bothering me because i use headphones at work to audio type, and everytime i have them on they make me feel funny, even on low. my balance is still on and off aswell :-( xx

Daisy Sue
26-09-13, 17:32
My balance problem remained way past the ear drum healing... in fact I still get wonky days even now. I found Kwells helped, you can buy them at pharmacists and they melt on your tongue, and take the drunk feeling off quite a lot.

For the headphone issue, maybe put a little cotton wool in that ear, and have the headphone covering the good ear only, and the other side moved back so it's not covering your bad ear?

Shivmarie
26-09-13, 19:14
Lowell's? Are they good? I keep getting memory blanks it's really making me anxious. Yeah I've had to resort in one headphone in my good ear now. I can handle the ear pain it's just the weird bubble/balance feeling it's effecting my day to day life.

---------- Post added at 19:14 ---------- Previous post was at 19:14 ----------

Kwells I meant!

Tessar
26-09-13, 19:28
I had this when I was in my teens. It healed on its own, at the time I did have a bad headache (immediately after I did it). In years gone by other than hurting more than my other ear when flying, I have had absolutely no issues with it. It is sensitive to pressure changes, even like when driving up or down very long and steep hills and so on, but really it's been ok. Oh the only other time I notice it is if I am inserting or removing headphones which fit inside the ear canal. It can be sensitive then but I am just careful and am gentle when doing it.

Shivmarie
26-09-13, 21:53
I will try! It's such a pain :-(

Daisy Sue
26-09-13, 22:41
Lowell's? Are they good? I keep getting memory blanks it's really making me anxious. Yeah I've had to resort in one headphone in my good ear now. I can handle the ear pain it's just the weird bubble/balance feeling it's effecting my day to day life.

---------- Post added at 19:14 ---------- Previous post was at 19:14 ----------

Kwells I meant!

I found them helpful, yes.. there was another one in the pharmacists, think it's called Stugerone or something, but I opted for these as they seemed more natural. They take off that inner spinny feeling and the associated nausea I felt in the pit of my tummy when my head was spinning.

It will go, don't worry - it's like a 3 stage thing, first the acute ear pain, then the feeling more ill with the balance issue (well for me, certainly), and then a period of time where you get the off-balance feelings every so often until they just fade away.

Shivmarie
27-09-13, 09:39
Yeah i have noticed now there coming and going rather than the constant. Im trying to shift this bad cold ive got aswell, so maybe it might help. Im going to nip to boots after work and see what i can pick up. xx