PDA

View Full Version : Job layoff very depressed

Tinker28
25-09-13, 02:40
Hi everyone.

So I've been on here a lot lately mostly on the health anxiety formula and I've been on there a lot. Well I was finally thinking more better thinking more rational and then just a couple hours somthing else happened and I'm really upset. I have finally at this job that at first I wasn't to sure about but I was making lots more money and benefits start to kick in after so many hours, I've been working maga hours in a really short time, now I'm getting layed off, I was out of work before this job for acouple months and I thought I was going to be happy and I thought I would be happy to have all this time off to be with my kid more. I was very depressed when I was off work, now I'm afraid I'm going to go through that all again. I feel very sad and feel like a failure and why can't things go my way!! :weep: i just want to be happy again. Anyone have adviceplease

Frazzle88
25-09-13, 03:58
I'm out of work myself. Its not pleasant as just gives you more time to obbess. Recently Ive tried spending that time doing something constructive, In my case attending a college course to better my work skills. Maybe this might be suited to you if you suspect you may be out of work for some time.

Tinker28
25-09-13, 04:05
Thank you! Your idea is very good! I'm not sure what to take though?? I will have to think bout that one. I feel wrothless and a failure, I can't help but feel so upset??

xBettyBoopx
25-09-13, 11:15
Hi Tinker

I am sorry about your situation. Being layed off or 'redundant' as we say in this country is a big huge slap in the face not to mention what it does to your morale. I was made redundant 4 times.......I gave up:weep:

Get out there and get yourself another job, you can do it:yesyes:

almamatters
25-09-13, 19:07
Hi Tinker, sorry about what has happened, I remember the first time I got layed off I felt physically sick for ages. You will find something else, just keep positive and start looking for another opportunity. Take Care.

Tessar
25-09-13, 19:43
First off, Tinker, you aren't a failure.
Second.... Even though you have felt bad when being laid off before, that doesn't set a precedent. Things can be different this time.
For me, having been made redundant several timesbefore, I try to keep a routine going. Get up the same time as usual as if I were still working. Prioritise job hunting. That became my job when I wasn't working. Routine was the key for me. Getting stuck into something every day. It didn't matter half the time what the tasks were, but I made myself keep busy.
also, there were times I felt guilty if I spent time doing something more fun, if i spent time relaxing and having fun (like I should spend all my time job hunting). But you are still entitled to relaxation and fun. Just the same as if you were working,
So I guess it's about finding a balance that works for you.
It is a stressful and unsettling time when you are out of work but There is nothing to say you won't be happy again. It can and most probably will happen.
Right now the most important thing is to get into a daily routine. If you do find yourself dwelling or being drawn towards a negative outlook, kick back at it. Get yourself busy.