PDA

View Full Version : Eustachian tube dysfunction

Mel4
25-09-13, 08:34
Hi,

Was just hoping for some advice and reassurance relating to eustachian tube dysfunction. Had this before a couple of years ago after a sinus infection and it took about 18 months for full recovery. Didn't expect it to return after having a cold this year.It's been about 3 months now and after a visit to docs yesterday I still have a small amount of fluid behind my eardrum. He has prescribed prednisolone this time after trying nasal sprays, otc sudafed, steam inhalation etc. Hoping that this will sort it out. The thing that is really stressing me is the loud rumbling I keep gettingin that particular ear. It fluctuates from day to day and makes me panic to think it's never going to go. Just wondered if anyone has experienced something similar. Thanks for reading

Speranza
26-09-13, 09:10
Got it right now, not been given a name but even I can work out it must be the Eustachian tubes. Noisy isn't it?!?

Want_to_break_free
26-09-13, 11:02
i get ringing ... low level tinnitus ... I lso had a sinus infection last year and had it operated on ... went to the docs and told my e tubes weren't working properly ... so I was told to pop my ears a few times every hour! My ears always feel full and horrible!