PDA

View Full Version : Ocd and pregnant

Lyndz1
25-09-13, 10:55
I am 21 weeks pregnant and for the past few weeks i've had it in my head that my husband isnt my babys father even thought i know i havent cheated. I keep thinking what if i cheated and dont remember. Our baby is due on the 1st feb and i dated back that i would have ovulated on the 11th may but that was our wedding night and we never had sex then but we did the morning after. My head is now telling me i had sex with someone else on my wedding night when i was drunk. I know i would never do that and i'm sure if i had gone off with someone someone would have seen me or if i was gone for a while someone would have came looking for me. My head is all over the place. Does anyone have this type of ocd? Please help

BumbleGirl
25-09-13, 11:25
Hello,

I have intrusive thoughts with my ocd. I haven't had these sort of thoughts but every one has different thoughts.
Your dates do work out right as you don't normally ovulate just one day, it's over a period of a couple of days (that's what I was told when I was pregnant with my son) Deep down you know your baby is your husbands. You would know if you had cheated and I'm pretty sure your husband would know if you had gone off somewhere on your wedding night!
It is just an intrusive thought and they are very distressing and it does make you terrified that its real.
Have you spoken to your dr? xx

Lyndz1
25-09-13, 21:48
Thank you for your reply. It is so hard to deal with. I can sometimes ignore it and see it for what it is , ocd, but other times i'm like what if i did cheat and cant remember. I dont know how i could hurt my husband like that. I just hope the baby looks like him. I do know deep down that i would remember cheating and i would have felt guilty afterwards. I need to teach my brain to stop the thoughts as i know i could never do that to him

nosweat
27-09-13, 06:11
OCD is very confusing. For me, at times, it makes me almost believe that bad things will definitely happen or have have happened that didn't. It takes my worst fears and throws them at me throughout the day. The thing is, I am a very compassionate person who would never do the things that the intrusive thoughts are "saying." If there is anyway to reroute your thoughts into enjoying your pregnancy and even having fun with the experience might help.

The instrusive thoughts are not actions or proof or past actions. Saying to yourself that "it's ok to have these thoughts" might help stop them because the more you fight and deny that they are there the more they will nag at you. This helped me once with OCD thoughts and ended them. Everytime the thought came up I said in my head "it's ok to have this thought." See what happens if you try this.

I hope you feel better.